Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid

View Post

Wow, that's a crazy setup! How do you like the Boomerang? I've always been curious about those...seems like it would be a great writing tool in addition to doing soundscapes etc.

Amazing for both. I spent years with the Boss RC line (and keep one on there for the mic/aux in + some songs that don't transfer to the 'Rang as easily... yet), but the 'Rang really changed the way I look at looping. It's incredible - and sounds great!

Plus, stereo looper at the end of the chain? Yes please!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Currently this, but tomorrow I think I might put a EHX Germanium OD between the two Mad Prof pedals, move the SuperDrive to where the MXR chorus is, and the chorus might not have room anywhere else, but we'll see about that.

IansSGandCoolCatVibe016.jpg

I like the board. How are you liking the Small Stone? Does it have any mods?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by triviani

View Post

I like the board. How are you liking the Small Stone? Does it have any mods?

I love the Small Stone. I owned one before, will not let this one go. No mods, doesn't need any imo. Love it before dirt/fuzz too, just gives everything a little extra something that sounds great. I've had fancier phasers like the Whetstone, the Empress, even the Effectrode Phasematic, but the Small Stone just works for me. Sometimes less is more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

I love the Small Stone. I owned one before, will not let this one go. No mods, doesn't need any imo. Love it before dirt/fuzz too, just gives everything a little extra something that sounds great. I've had fancier phasers like the Whetstone, the Empress, even the Effectrode Phasematic, but the Small Stone just works for me. Sometimes less is more.

Yap, cheers. I have the russian version somewhere at my parent's house, but have not used it for the last several years. I'm looking for a phaser, but don't like much the mxr style, was wondering if to get one of the new fancy ones or go back to the good old Small Stone. People review that the nano version sounds the same, but there is definitively something cool on that bigger box.

• Members

The Mission? Yeah it's killer man. Nothing bad to say about it at all.

I've had those Moog expressions and I know exactly what you're talking about. I like the little wheel on the side of them, but they're nowhere near as solid as the Mission stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

IMG_0625.jpg

Nothings changed, but thought I'd play along anyhow. Hope to add a Dream Crusher and/or an octave pedal in the near future.

hawt. what do you like about the trem so much that made you go with that one particularly?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bradino

View Post

hawt. what do you like about the trem so much that made you go with that one particularly?

I wanted something that would do good sine wave and square wave trem. The Boss TR-2 I had was okay, but wasn't exactly what I wanted even though blending the waves was a really cool feature. I looked at the Diamond and Empress, but they have a larger footprint and {censored}loads of features I wouldn't use. So ultimately I decided to give the Tremolessence a shot and I really dig it. The tone is just right and even though it has a lot of controls, it is pretty simple to use. Plus, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Ryan just can't make a bad pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zygoat

View Post

How is that expression pedal? Does it stay in one spot if you need it? My Moog exp pedals are starting to piss me off.

I just bought one of those active Ernie Ball buddies for the same reason. Couldnt be happier. The Moog EP-2s are a pain.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AlexStec

View Post

You need a delay pedal don't you ?

I thought about getting an Echo Park again... DL-4 is for looping, DD-5 and DOD delay are for hold/short loops - though I also use them for delays as well. Timefactor is also used for looping alot but also my main delay. Have some delay patches saved on the Pitchfactor as well.

idelay

Archived