• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Raintes

View Post

Loving that Twosome! This board is one of my faves on HCFX. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid

View Post

Yea t-rey your board is fly. Would love to get another Whetstone...kinda miss the vibrato and ring mod on that thing. Is yours silver or black?

Thanks bros. The Whetstone is grey with green flake in it, which looks really awesome in person, but never shows up in pictures. On rare occasions I try to tell myself that a regular Small Stone would be just fine for my needs, but then I use pads mode or get a pseudo vibe tone and forget about that nonsense.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Thanks bros. The Whetstone is grey with green flake in it, which looks really awesome in person, but never shows up in pictures. On rare occasions I try to tell myself that a regular Small Stone would be just fine for my needs, but then I use pads mode or get a pseudo vibe tone and forget about that nonsense.

Yea that's why I got rid of mine originally...then when I had standalone phasers I never used them. For me, the appeal of the Whetstone is the extra sounds...gives you additional mod choices so you don't need extra pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid

View Post

How you liking the bicomp? Why did you put the WIIO and Timmy back on there with the KOT? Same territory, no? Just space holders for future acquisitions?

LOVE the Bi Comp. It has been great getting to use both the Ross style and the OS style side by side. I really think I like the OS with my current setup, but the ross seems to really make things punch through, giving it that singing sustain that they're known for.

I am so torn with the Timmy/WIIO combo vs. the KOT. I absolutely love the original WIIO. It really does remind me of your Reeves. But the KOT sounds awesome too. And we all know the Timmy is good. So basically I was just playing them head to head.

I sent my KOT off to Nick for a friendly little temporary exchange. I will be getting his LGW and Bearfoot Honeybee on loan for a week or two so hopefully it will give me a little something different to help break the tie....idn_smilie.gif

• Members

^ Makes sense...I didn't think you would keep all those on there for good. Glad that bicomp is treating you well. Seems like a good purchase for a first time comp user (note to self) since you get two styles.

That honeybee is going to piss you off...don't mess with your awesome Z tone like that! I could see you liking the LGW though...stacks well and I know you have a soft spot for screamers.

Archived