• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

^^^^ Nice dude. What is the DD? set to?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Draper

View Post

This is sweet. What's the pedal to the right of the Titan?

Cheers, fellas. The Boss is a DD-7 I just traded my DD-20 for with Gambit. And the grey pedal is a Lovepedal Eternity clone I built about 4 years ago. Sometimes I hate how compressed it sounds, but it always manages to stay on my board. It's the longest serving pedal I've ever had, I use it as my clean tone as my amp is so bass heavy, the Eternity is shrill through any other amp but it thins out my clean tone nicely with my current rig.

• Members

you didn't say what the dd-7 is set to : )

I ask cause if it's on HOLD, I wondered if the power supply is sturdy enough to take the pressure. Though HOLD or not, any setting would probably take the same amount of pressure. And I'm guessing the PS is built just fine; so basically disregard this post smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid View Post
Just got back from practice. Didn't take the normal board because we are just writing and I like to focus on structure and musicianship before adding effects. I decided to take two pedals I got last month and shoot em out in the band setting.

2012-01-12221248.jpg

My Analogman KOT V4 is high gain model (on yellow channel). Gotta say, high gain is a total misnomer. At its most aggressive it gives you a classic rock dirt sound. To be honest I didn't feel like it got any dirtier than my amp on its own...just added a little compression and highs as far as tone goes. Sustain is top notch, I was having no trouble maintaining volume even on whole notes. It does respond well to pick attack...it definitely lives up to the hype there. It is also more transparent than I though it would be. I will keep it around until we record in March. I need to try it with my Reeves as well (use the Savage with this band).

The other pedal is a Catalinbread The Usual Suspects. It was a 6 pedal custom shop run in 2009. It was offered to me in a trade, I had no idea this pedal existed previously. I talked back and forth with the CBread guys about it before deciding to pull the trigger. The right side is a 3-way boost (controlled by toggle switch): faux fuzz, treble booster, or tubescreamer. The faux fuzz sounds really nice, reminds me a lot of a Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom...raspy and loose. The treble boost (insane crunch) and tubescreamer (mid boost and sustain) do what you would expect. The left side is a tweaked DLS. Howard used top end parts for these pedals (sozo caps etc) and it is handwired. It sounds like a DLS but with a little more clarity between notes until noon on the gain knob. This pedal freaking DELIVERS. To have so many options in a box this small is invaluable, especially for a guy who prefers a smaller pedalboard. The two sides stack together like syrup and waffles...made for each other.

For my needs with this band, the Catalinbread is the clear winner.
WHEN DID YOU DECIDE TO GET A KOT YOU CHEEKY MONKEY!?! Welcome to the club brah wink.gif Looks like the Cbread is actually a better fit for that setup, but still... the KOT is the {censored}. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko View Post
WHEN DID YOU DECIDE TO GET A KOT YOU CHEEKY MONKEY!?! Welcome to the club brah wink.gif Looks like the Cbread is actually a better fit for that setup, but still... the KOT is the {censored}. thumb.gif
Back in 2009 when I got on the list biggrin.gif

My number came up last March and I just hadn't pulled the trigger (did a thread about it). When you came over and were talking yours up a bunch it convinced me to spend the $$$. Thanks smile.gif Even though I can make a hundo on it by selling I think I'll keep it. I'm trying to break the habit of selling everything that isn't on my board at a specific moment in time.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid View Post
Just got back from practice. Didn't take the normal board because we are just writing and I like to focus on structure and musicianship before adding effects. I decided to take two pedals I got last month and shoot em out in the band setting.

2012-01-12221248.jpg
Holy {censored}. Great board. I would definitely rock that. You've always had great taste, sir. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyBen View Post
_1020696.jpg

All but the El Cap has arrived in the last few days. Just need a board now..
Obviously I'm biased here, but I think that looks {censored}ing awesome! Glad you're digging the pedal. I've got an El Cap and a Space too, and I have to admit that I love the {censored} out of those pedals. I avoided buying an El Cap for the longest time, just because I didn't want to give in to the hype, but it really does sound very nice, and it's so tweakable. I love it. love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe View Post
you didn't say what the dd-7 is set to : )

I ask cause if it's on HOLD, I wondered if the power supply is sturdy enough to take the pressure. Though HOLD or not, any setting would probably take the same amount of pressure. And I'm guessing the PS is built just fine; so basically disregard this post smile.gif
It's on the 200ms mode. Loud, fast, lots of repeats.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Subs View Post
Welp, I think I'm done...

jjHs9.jpg

GxAWz.jpg

I guess I'm not sure if the MM is coming off or not. Funny thing is... adding this Chrysalis makes me want to stack. It stacks great with both the Hoof and the MM. We'll see.
Very nice. I am interested to know if you are keeping the MM on. I love mine but I took it off the board to use amp distortion but sometimes I miss having that boost.

Archived