Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

What I've been using because of the shirry (/KJI) hot weather and total lack of effort on my part. Still sounds rad tho.

2zs1l6c.jpg

Rest of my shiz:

1zdyql5.jpg

35btmx3.jpg

2012 is gonna be siq.

Fetch, I've similarly been enjoying my Super Duper 2-in-1

plugged into my Maleeko 616 ekko.

Those 2 pedals I could not live without :0)

I seriously dig your rig and setup.

One day hoping to visit Aussieville!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by papersun

View Post

Awesome board. Sorry if this got asked already but what's the red five-knobber?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tickle

View Post

Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe Clone

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

wut?

wave.gif

Also, John Mark in your sig. :brofist:

• Members

Just got back from practice. Didn't take the normal board because we are just writing and I like to focus on structure and musicianship before adding effects. I decided to take two pedals I got last month and shoot em out in the band setting.

2012-01-12221248.jpg

My Analogman KOT V4 is high gain model (on yellow channel). Gotta say, high gain is a total misnomer. At its most aggressive it gives you a classic rock dirt sound. To be honest I didn't feel like it got any dirtier than my amp on its own...just added a little compression and highs as far as tone goes. Sustain is top notch, I was having no trouble maintaining volume even on whole notes. It does respond well to pick attack...it definitely lives up to the hype there. It is also more transparent than I though it would be. I will keep it around until we record in March. I need to try it with my Reeves as well (use the Savage with this band).

The other pedal is a Catalinbread The Usual Suspects. It was a 6 pedal custom shop run in 2009. It was offered to me in a trade, I had no idea this pedal existed previously. I talked back and forth with the CBread guys about it before deciding to pull the trigger. The right side is a 3-way boost (controlled by toggle switch): faux fuzz, treble booster, or tubescreamer. The faux fuzz sounds really nice, reminds me a lot of a Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom...raspy and loose. The treble boost (insane crunch) and tubescreamer (mid boost and sustain) do what you would expect. The left side is a tweaked DLS. Howard used top end parts for these pedals (sozo caps etc) and it is handwired. It sounds like a DLS but with a little more clarity between notes until noon on the gain knob. This pedal freaking DELIVERS. To have so many options in a box this small is invaluable, especially for a guy who prefers a smaller pedalboard. The two sides stack together like syrup and waffles...made for each other.

For my needs with this band, the Catalinbread is the clear winner.

Archived