Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalLake

View Post

This is what I'm currently using. I'm still not 100% sold on the Tchula OD/Boost.

IMG_0345.jpg

I'd like to try a Goatkeeper and a Boomerang down the road, but as for now, this will do.

Tell me about ur blue hoof?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid

View Post

That board is sinfully sexy, but I don't miss it a bit. Cosmichorus was a terrible purchase for someone who hates chorus...fun for a week tops. Also I pretty much despise Mad Professor dirt ever since I got my Savage...completely ruins the tone.

This one?

100_1003.jpg

This was a seriously cool board. I could see myself getting another Whetstone. See above for reasons I abandoned Mad Professor dirt.

Whetstone was one of my favorite pedals I've ever sold. Wish I still had it, although the AM Small Stone does just fine. I seriously loved that pink mirror finish Cleanness. I am really thinking about picking up another and just running KOT (distortion red side -> OD yellow side) -> Cleanness and call it a day...

BTW - what did you think of that Woofer Wailer? I don't know that I've ever read a review on one...idn_smilie.gif

• Members
That board is sinfully sexy, but I don't miss it a bit. Cosmichorus was a terrible purchase for someone who hates chorus...fun for a week tops. Also I pretty much despise Mad Professor dirt ever since I got my Savage...completely ruins the tone.

This one?

100_1003.jpg

This was a seriously cool board. I could see myself getting another Whetstone. See above for reasons I abandoned Mad Professor dirt.

wat is a savage?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

Whetstone was one of my favorite pedals I've ever sold. Wish I still had it, although the AM Small Stone does just fine. I seriously loved that pink mirror finish Cleanness. I am really thinking about picking up another and just running KOT (distortion red side -> OD yellow side) -> Cleanness and call it a day...

BTW - what did you think of that Woofer Wailer? I don't know that I've ever read a review on one...idn_smilie.gif

That would be a really versatile dirt section...I always thought The Cleanness looked better than it sounded though...I felt like the eq controls were too sensitive and no matter what I did it added this kind of throaty, bassiness to my sound. Maybe it just wasn't a good fit for the Maz I had at the time idn_smilie.gif

As for the Woofer Wailer, I think you would absolutely love it (being a TS guy). It is a very versatile Tubescreamer. I don't typically like TS type pedals all that much, not because they don't sound great, but because I don't play a lot of traditional lead stuff and that's what they are designed to do. The Woofer Wailer allows you to tweak it enough that I was actually using it more as an OD than a solo booster. It was a great fit with the Maz and the Z28. They are dc'd now but I think a few stores still have some NOS. They don't pop up for sale often. If I was to ever want/need a TS again I would hunt one down.

Quote Originally Posted by Subs

View Post

wat is a savage?

2011-03-10191451.jpg

• Members

I might as well repost this in the #2 thread as well.

Here it is at the moment, the board is a DIY. The space on the right is for a wah and the other space is for either a fuzz or a tremolo I have not decided yet.

3a558ffe.jpg

A crappy dark shot icon_lol.gif

f5ce458a.jpg

Here is the full rig, its really cut down for living in Japan but it does its job well for now smile.gif

37d01b32.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Love this board. What kind of music are you playing?

I use that board as pictured with the lap steel mounted to back a female singer/songwriter whose originals are a mix of alternative/indie rock and americana. She does a lot of covers too, and those are all over the map. They include current and classic r&b, rock, top-40 pop, and country.

Sans the lapsteel, I've also used this board recently to play with an r&b horn band, a corporate party/private event variety band, and a jazz funk fusion project.

Here are some pictures of the guitars and amps I'm currently using in the female singer/songwriter project:

SSBGUITARS.jpg

SSBAMPS.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenglass

View Post

Damn. Aristotle that vb-2 is so sexy. The knobs are beautiful. It's too bad i hate vibrato frown.gif

You hate vibrato until you've played the VB-2. It's not that lame sounding out of pitch stuff that the Dunlop Rotovibe does on vibrato mode. The VB-2 is more of a subtle psychedelic wobble

• Members

Well... shoot... I might as well make the switch too from the old thread to the new... and in honor of the switch, old vs new:

Old (about 4 years ago, and one of my first... before I discovered velcro; I always wondered how people kept their pedals straight icon_lol.gif):

Pedalboard002.jpg

Most recent:

ca1d8575.jpg

Archived