HCFX PEDAL buy it now (NO MORE POLLS!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by mcnabbanov

View Post

what more can you want?? more features at 1/3 price = Smonie! You can't explain that. HCFX makes some really cool pedals imo, i think they will soon join strymon, BJFE, Analogman, Freekish Blues and Zvex as the finest boutique pedal designers/manufacturers.

icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Jahn

View Post

Very cool, count me in!

Whoa, today's your first post after almost six years on the forum?

• Members

how many pedals are you going to make? 57 backers already, this will be already a lot of soldering.

still less than 200$ extra for the builders, which i think is kinda lame of the backers, in respect what amount of work is waiting for the builders frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t_e_l_e

View Post

how many pedals are you going to make? 57 backers already, this will be already a lot of soldering.

still less than 200$ extra for the builders, which i think is kinda lame of the backers, in respect what amount of work is waiting for the builders frown.gif

When HM does a new pedal we build payment for the builder into the price as well as a substantial amount of charity cash. The last one was $129 and the total cash in the account after all the orders were in was staggering. The cost for building the pedals and paying for the ridiculous pile of swag that came with them was maybe 40% of the fund. The rest went to charity and upkeep on the forum including a new server.

Perhaps the organizers of this could have considered a wider scope for this build other than just the pedal. The pedal is largely irrelevant in a community-building effort. The other stuff involved is what makes these projects special smile.gif

Oh and BTWs I kickstarted like second or something...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mcnabbanov

View Post

lol we dont need new servers. though we could hire some strippers with the leftover money to perform live on chat icon_lol.gif

The server was only a very small portion of the total. The rest (50% or more of the fund IIRC) went to charity.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t_e_l_e

View Post

The cost calculations were made with 50 pedals in mind. If we get to 75 pedals we can afford to bring another builder online.

Archived