HCFX PEDAL buy it now (NO MORE POLLS!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects

View Post

Just curious, since I haven't read the whole thread. To save some effort for the builders, can I just build my own? I'll still do the $60, but to make life easier, you can just ship me the parts/schem, and I'll put it together myself. smile.gif

I can send you the schem, I would imagine you would have all of the parts smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITEFLY182

View Post

When HM does a new pedal we build payment for the builder into the price as well as a substantial amount of charity cash. The last one was $129 and the total cash in the account after all the orders were in was staggering. The cost for building the pedals and paying for the ridiculous pile of swag that came with them was maybe 40% of the fund. The rest went to charity and upkeep on the forum including a new server.

Perhaps the organizers of this could have considered a wider scope for this build other than just the pedal. The pedal is largely irrelevant in a community-building effort. The other stuff involved is what makes these projects special smile.gif

Oh and BTWs I kickstarted like second or something...

great post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hudman

View Post

I went back and upped my pledge to give the guys some beer money.

Thanks again for taking this project on.

Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Allergic to beer mad.gif Better make it wine money.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Allergic to beer mad.gif Better make it wine money.

Quote Originally Posted by THAT4301

View Post

Gin money!

I converted it to hybrid beer/wine/gin money.

Set the hook with this pedal and charge a little more for the next one. You guys can keep the prices reasonable and still make some cash. I still think you should have charged a little more on this one, but I'm not complaining. I appreciate the great deal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hudman

View Post

I converted it to hybrid beer/wine/gin money.

Set the hook with this pedal and charge a little more for the next one. You guys can keep the prices reasonable and still make some cash. I still think you should have charged a little more on this one, but I'm not complaining. I appreciate the great deal.

Great thanks! This is a test run, hopefully we can do it again... I am planning on working on a delay pedal this summer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WeStartToDrift

View Post

I can send you the schem, I would imagine you would have all of the parts smile.gif

Cool. Well, let me ask this then. Would it be more helpful if I put money towards the Kickstarter, or if I offered to build some of the pedals? Didn't know if you're more in need of cash or solder jockeys. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Cool. Well, let me ask this then. Would it be more helpful if I put money towards the Kickstarter, or if I offered to build some of the pedals? Didn't know if you're more in need of cash or solder jockeys. smile.gif

If we get 75 orders then we'll definitely need a bit of help!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITEFLY182

View Post

When HM does a new pedal we build payment for the builder into the price as well as a substantial amount of charity cash. The last one was $129 and the total cash in the account after all the orders were in was staggering. The cost for building the pedals and paying for the ridiculous pile of swag that came with them was maybe 40% of the fund. The rest went to charity and upkeep on the forum including a new server.

Perhaps the organizers of this could have considered a wider scope for this build other than just the pedal. The pedal is largely irrelevant in a community-building effort. The other stuff involved is what makes these projects special smile.gif

Oh and BTWs I kickstarted like second or something...

Awesome - I respect that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

They're mainly bread eaters.

Bread is scarce in the wild.

Occasionally once can find a wild Octophant rummaging through the garbage behind a McDonald's in Tulsa.

Don't forget the great Norman Octophant Rampage of 1904. The plains used to be pink and gray with wild herds of Octophants. That is until the white man turned them into Big Macs. It is ironic that they are often sighted rooting through McDonald's dumpsters. Perhaps they yearn for their long-lost mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, cousins.

While we're on the topic, someone should write about Octophants... and we can put them in the boxes.

• Members

somehow i managed to stay away from the threads on this pedal until now (i just had to click on that T iny G reen P eople thread didnt i) as i had assume this was just a US thing...

anways ended up reading all the previous threads (great job to all involved) and listening to the clips (the 60s octave one sold i for me)

ive pledged/backed (first time for me using kickstarter) and very much looking forward to the octaphant coming down under!

love this forum!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WeStartToDrift

View Post

The next pedal we should do should be a PT23999-based delay with a filter control and a PIC generating a random-rate LFO to mimic a tape machine. I'm going to try to at least design the delay part after this whole project is complete.

cool idea!

View Post

I think at the rate we're going, we're going to need builders more than anything

Archived