HCFX PEDAL buy it now (NO MORE POLLS!)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

Or better yet....cap the number at 100, have us do 25 each, and we start the build sooner. What do you think about that?

Well, i probably can't really start sooner than May personally. I'm finishing up my MA.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Ok, so since this is going to probably be a substantial number of pedals, are you guys ok with us doing the release in several batches (in order of when you pledged)? That way not everyone would have to wait forever to get theirs.

WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vidret

View Post

you guys best be putting "gift" on the package for internationals or it'll cost a fortune.

gave you 2 dollas extra brohems.

gift does not work anymore for years...

state the value of the contents outside of each package, and state it and insure it for 50$ (whats the parts costs) and it is declared below the limit for any custom fees and nobody should have any customs troubles...

75 or 100$ is the limit to my knowledge

if you don't declare any value outside of the package all international will get trouble and need to declare the value before their package is handed out, and if the receiver needs to declare the value, they always need to pay custom fees, also if the real value is under the limit, cause customs had the trouble for the clearing...

• Members

the 50$ i mentioned accidentially equal the price of the parts smile.gif

i had a pedal shipped from the u.s. to austria declared and insured for 50$ a couple of months ago with no customs involved, but its important to declare it, otherwise it always trouble

• Members

I just pledged. I'm kind of new to the whole fuzz thing, but this thing sounds like fun.

Hey V; Czy ty mozesz nagrac para klipow w stylu twojego "doomy" klip? Bym chczaj posLuchacz wiecej w takym tipu. Dzieki kolego!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

I just pledged. I'm kind of new to the whole fuzz thing, but this thing sounds like fun.

Hey V; Czy ty mozesz nagrac para klipow w stylu twojego "doomy" klip? Bym chczaj posLuchacz wiecej w takym tipu. Dzieki kolego!

Nie pogralem dokladnie "doomy" tutaj, ale moze ten klip bedzie ok?

So, anyway, I made this clip to demo my new pedal, the Elephant, but I thought it might be useful here because the Elephant is similar to part of the Octophant. So, the first few minutes of this video are actually a good representation of how the "boost" mode and texture knob work with the trim (aka gain) knob. Obviously the Octophant has 3 other modes and doesn't have a treble or ? switch.

• Members

View Post

So, anyway, I made this clip to demo my new pedal, the Elephant, but I thought it might be useful here because the Elephant is similar to part of the Octophant. So, the first few minutes of this video are actually a good representation of how the "boost" mode and texture knob work with the trim (aka gain) knob. Obviously the Octophant has 3 other modes and doesn't have a treble or ? switch.

Basically I was looking to see how compressed and gainy it can get... How articulate the picking dynamics can be and whatnot...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

Basically I was looking to see how compressed and gainy it can get... How articulate the picking dynamics can be and whatnot...

Ah. It depends how you set the texture knob. You're thinking for rhythm? The non-boosted mode is less compressed and the most asrticulate. The boosted mode can be pretty articulate as well depending on how you set the texture knob. Somewhere around 12-3 seems to be a nice balance of heavy and distinct.

• Members

View Post

Ah. It depends how you set the texture knob. You're thinking for rhythm? The non-boosted mode is less compressed and the most asrticulate. The boosted mode can be pretty articulate as well depending on how you set the texture knob. Somewhere around 12-3 seems to be a nice balance of heavy and distinct.

Sounds cool. I'm a bigger fan of boost type fuzz's (I love my musket) and that "doomy" clip sounds more like my style... Thanks!

• Members

View Post

Does your camera have some kind of weird heartbeat or have I had a few too many?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WBigsby

View Post

Does your camera have some kind of weird heartbeat or have I had a few too many?

Oh, that's just the amp vibrating the camera, I think. Or it could be having trouble focusing on the led.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

Nice! Can't wait for mine...I'm not really gassing for any effects so this will be a nice little treat. How do you get our addresses and stuff again to figure out who gets one?

My contacts in MI-5 and the CIA will take care of that, no worries...

Once the project funding is complete (May 1) Kickstarter will allow me to send out a questionnaire where I will ask for addresses and any other details.

Archived