The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, I'm getting happy with my wiring of these more complicated pedals.

I think the heatshrink to hold the cables together makes things look a while lot nicer - Blenders for some reason have been really popular recently, I dunno if someone is using them in the public eye or what. I sure wish they had a smaller parts count haha!

Incidentally I charge less than the Fender Reissue, but build to '76 Specs with high gain low-noise transistors, meaning no volume drop (this is not spam)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hides-His-Eyes

View Post

If you build anything without breadboarding it first you're crazy.

I'd agree if it's something you're developing or modifying yourself and so maybe will want to swap out a few values, but if you're building an effect stock from a verified layout then there's not much point in the extra work.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hides-His-Eyes

View Post

Why do you guys all use mojo caps? Aesthetic reasons?

I use them for a few reasons, yes they definitely do look cool to me but importantly when you're building effects into a 30mm deep box, using axial components helps to keep the profile of the board as shallow as possible. Radial caps can be a nuisance and even though you can bend them over, that's still dependent on what other components surround it. The axial polyester caps I've got have also been very accurate, I've got quite a lot of polypropylene which are 1% (and measure even closer than that).

To me there are definite sonic differences between some cap types, but I don't think that quality and accurate axial polyester caps are going to sound better than quality and accurate radial caps. So it's not really for audible reasons, more form and aesthetics. I just love using axial on vero, perf or tagboard.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by melx

View Post

I'll put one in with your face face board. thumb.gif

also why didn't you say something before...... cock. icon_lol.gif

Hehe! thanks chief wave.gif

ah I didn't say anything as I didn't want to be annoying you AGAIN! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr benn

View Post

Hehe! thanks chief wave.gif

ah I didn't say anything as I didn't want to be annoying you AGAIN! icon_lol.gif

You never annoy me..... love.gif

that's what DIY is all about .... helping each other out. Like I always say, Mark and others have do so much to help me, and I'll help anyone else where I can.

ps. just finished boxing up my fuzzface... it's cool thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

You never annoy me..... love.gif

that's what DIY is all about .... helping each other out. Like I always say, Mark and others have do so much to help me, and I'll help anyone else where I can.

ps. just finished boxing up my fuzzface... it's cool thumb.gif

awh thanks mate your like Obi Wan! love.gificon_lol.gif

really though,you've been a great help thumb.gif

if you've got a few minutes in the morning,you have to make us a fuzzy vid! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

View Post

awh thanks mate your like Obi Wan! love.gificon_lol.gif

really though,you've been a great help thumb.gif

if you've got a few minutes in the morning,you have to make us a fuzzy vid! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

No worries, I'm gonna do the rat next (which I wouldn't have finished without the IC you send me!) poke.gif

I will do a vid in the morning thumb.gif I just posted another blog too, I'd do a video now, but I was getting glares from the boss just trying it out when desperate housewifes was on. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

No worries, I'm gonna do the rat next (which I wouldn't have finished without the IC you send me!) poke.gif

I will do a vid in the morning thumb.gif I just posted another blog too, I'd do a video now, but I was getting glares from the boss just trying it out when desperate housewifes was on. icon_lol.gif

Please tell me 'boss' = 'wife' or 'girlfriend', otherwise you work in some crazy place icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

vids up if you want to hear what it sounds like, yours will be in the post tomorrow. smile.gif

Archived