• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are some of my recent ones

one knob silicon fuzz face

sf9xth.jpg

two knob silicon fuzz face

1415ttl.jpg

meathead deluxe clone (essentially a three knob fuzz face clone then)

15dkhlt.jpg

This is based on the ROG mayqueen but with altered parts to get it sounding more Rory than Brian biggrin.gif

29vxvu8.jpg

• Members

Would it be an absolute travesty to not include modulation on the binson thing? I would have to ditch some stuff if I added modulation control, but maybe applying a very slight LFO to the thing (without the ability to turn it on or off) would make it sound more 'drum' like? Too many things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

wow. keep us freakin posted on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tape

View Post

that binson-ish looks rad! keep us updated!

I need to get in on that FV-1 goodness, eventually

Will do dudes. Based on my current work schedule, it will be done never, but when that happens (or I even get working code) I'll let ya know thumb.gif I have a spring reverb/trem I need to finish, plus a wah and a fuzz.. all kind of happening at the same time, so it's slow but in the end it will be love.gif

And you, tape, of all the people writing code circles around me, you would be the one to put out some of the greatest stuff. I keep reading new bits that you can do with it and the possibilities of different effects keep growing... I feel like i could code every pedal on my board with it if I just learned the ins and outs of the code icon_lol.gif

• Members

my latest creation for a friend of mine.

after he watched it might get loud, he wanted a pedal with that theme and i had this circuit id been mucking around with almost done.

anwaysits a stripped down muff...but has fuzz face characteristics of being able to clean up with the guitar volume knob.

DSC09354.jpg

sound clips in my sig

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stazinish

View Post

What are those? love.gif

Cheers. thumb.gif

they are based on the D.A.M. Meathead, Bazz Fuzz and 5th gear Overdrive circuits...

...but they aren't really clones, they all have changed component values, no mojo parts and just made with whatever I had laying around. Because I wanted them to have one knob I took the drive pot out of the 5th gear and added a fixed resistor for a fixed drive position, it also has different diode clipping from the original. The meathead has different transistors and input cap and the Bazz was my favorite one from a bunch I made with different parts.

They were basically the first DIY circuits I made back in January, they've been hanging around for a while and I just wanted to get them boxed up... they are all fun, I was having a blast playing through them together. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by melx

View Post

Cheers. thumb.gif

they are based on the D.A.M. Meathead, a Bazz Fuzz and a 5th gear Overdrive circuits...

...but they aren't really clones, they all have changed component values, no mojo parts and just made with whatever I had laying around. Because I wanted them to have one knob I took the drive pot out of the 5th gear and added a fixed resistor for a fixed drive position, it also has different diode clipping from the original. The meathead has different transistors and input cap and the Bazz was my favorite one from a bunch I made with different parts.

They were basically the first DIY circuits I made back in January, they've been hanging around for a while and I just wanted to get them boxed up... they are all fun, I was having a blast playing through them together. smile.gif

I'm actually about to make a Meathead clone soon myself. I think I'll be ordering some parts today. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by melx

View Post

Cheers. thumb.gif

they are based on the D.A.M. Meathead, Bazz Fuzz and 5th gear Overdrive circuits...

Do you have any info on the 5th Gear?

• Members

Nahnah it's still just an "in my spare time" thing. I'm a Senior Hardware Design Engineer for a 3D Graphics Firm for my day job. If it ever went tits up I'd go full-time on the pedals though.

The DOD Klon is for the guy who makes my Decal designs and Drill Guides, he's brilliant (I pay him in pedals).

• Members

some more of mine

Si-th (Fuzz Face)

DSC07843.jpg

Mega-Boost (LPB-1)

DSC07967.jpg

Silver Lycan (Colour sound)

DSC08060.jpg

Red house (JHf-1 Fuzz Face)

DSC08132.jpg

Giant Cooter (Big Muff Pi)

DSC08225-1.jpg

Butta-Face (my own design hyprid OD/Fuzz)

DSC08277.jpg

Dirty Bitch Tubescreamer 808

DSC08985.jpg

Rat with turbo switch

DSC09231.jpg

SHO

DSC09174.jpg

Fuzz Factory

DSC09314.jpg

Archived