The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Shove and Stuff

View Post

Also writing code for an echorec

Okay, this might be a stupid question. but how exactly do you write code for delay pedals?? I doubt I'd ever be able to do it, just interested.

I guess making your own pedals is like being a farmer who never has to go to the grocery again.

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

• Members

Neoflox what is that switch on the top of your '66? Battery on/off?

Quote Originally Posted by LPJunior

View Post

Okay, this might be a stupid question. but how exactly do you write code for delay pedals?? I doubt I'd ever be able to do it, just interested.

I guess making your own pedals is like being a farmer who never has to go to the grocery again.

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

Spin semiconductor came out with a kindaDSP thing a few years ago called the FV-1. It had a moment in the spotlight, but I think it had kind of died off from the DIY scenes I have seen. I'm still getting my mind around the code, but it isn't too bad. Besides soldering 28 SMD pins, it isn't bad and, at this point, there isn't a lot of supporting circuitry. This is one of my first coding projects, but I've geefed around with an arduino too.

• Members

How are people drilling their holes?

I make precise drill templates, use a punch, make pilot holes with a dremel, enlarge using hand drill with a Unibit, but I'm STILL getting some "wander". I just can't get the hole to be EXACTLY where I need it to be. Do I just have to get a drill press?

Quote Originally Posted by Used666

View Post

EchoBase.jpg

Where'd you get this PCB made?!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit

View Post

for 1590b sized pedals where the board sits over the pots how do you guys secure the pcb down? Double sided tape seems lame

I'm using industrial double-sided tape in that one, yep. I dont think it's coming off anytime this century.

for designs with bigger PCBs I bolt it to the back plate, though that makes it a wiring hassle.

• Members

I know the answer is "use photoshop" but I don't have photoshop and even if i """ACQUIRED""" it I'd have no idea where to start...

How do I make my decals? I know how to print and transfer them; just not how to do it on the computer!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hides-His-Eyes

View Post

I know the answer is "use photoshop" but I don't have photoshop and even if i """ACQUIRED""" it I'd have no idea where to start...

How do I make my decals? I know how to print and transfer them; just not how to do it on the computer!

Well, just """acquire""" it (ie. download the 30-days trial from their homepage) and play around with it. You should be able to get something usefull within a day or so. Until you can buy a brainchip with all PS skillz, you have to learn it by yourself. Or get GIMP, it is the freeware pendant to PS.

Basically, find a graphic you like on the pedal and add some text to it would be the quickest way to get a decal design idn_smilie.gif

Archived