The Offical DIY Thread

• Members

Awesome stuff here! I'm just getting started and have built a BYOC chorus and OD2 along with an A/B switch and single true bypass loop pedal. I want o more creative projects but I'm intimidated by drilling my own enclosures. Any suggestions/tips?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have aquired one of these for free: A wireless Guitar Hero III controller for the ps3

8782971-sa.jpg

I feel like there is something awesome I can do to mod it, or just use the case for something awesome to use it in the context of making wierd spaced out sounds for some fun live. Any Ideas?

I don't really know what I'd like to do with it, maybe build some sort of pedal into it thats feeding back into itself and manipulating the knobs to make different sqeedlies

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ashjaah

View Post

i have no idea about how to do this, i dont even think ive got a clue about a soldering gun facepalm.gif anyways

these look amaazing, i wish i knew what to do to make my own, you guys are awesome !

I only started in February, if I can do it anyone can. Have a read of my blog (start at the oldest post) to read how I started and how I got on. thumb.gif

http://melxfx.blogspot.com/

tweeked for more bass Dist+

SL272918.jpg

SL272919.jpg

almost finished rat

SL272913.jpg

SL272916.jpg

SL272914.jpg

SL272917.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by neoflox

View Post

^ bestworst usage of available space facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

What's the pedal? Meathead?

icon_lol.gif yeah, I didnt wanna get crammed into a tiny box with my first attempt. But it was fun. Its a "radio shack fuzz" I found the schematic somewhere on the interwebs. It sounds good, pretty musical with single coils. With hot hums it just compresses into a Muse type of thing. Useful also though thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

awesome thread res-erection.

Just finished a Fuzz Face for kicks and gotta say I'm not too happy with the sound of the finished product. My friends Analogman Sunface just absolutley rapes it. I suppose it's the difference in transistors cause the circuit is pretty much identical on both. Oh well it was cheeps

Next on the bench Colorsound Power Boost and Crunchbox!

Archived