The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like an idiot I forgot to order some things from my last DIY order: could anybody sell me a few of these in the UK?

-2 chrome LED bezels for bigger sized LEDS

~3 of each of these? (will settle for just 1 of each even, just like to not be relying on one component for a build):

820R

-1 tiny drill bit? (for pilot holes)

and bitsbox don't stock:

PERFBOARD (where do you guys use?)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D

View Post

oh no you DIDNT???? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

that's the most awesome klon i have ever seen love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by tape

View Post

icon_lol.gif OMFG

Thanks guys, one of my friends knocked up the graphic for me and I couldn't resist. It's sort of fitting I think.

In other news: Tape I'm always awestruck by your creations and Bobby your videos are fantastic.

• Members

Here's my little dodad i made the other day..

Its a dual passive volume box, with treble bleed caps+resistors..

I built this mainly to use for my dirt boxes, which i feel sound so much better with level cranked etc. This will be in my rack in 2 of the loops of my GCX switcher, one side will be for the OCD and the other probably for my WIIO.. Both pedals have some serious output, my little box should help with that thumb.gif

Its 4 jacks, a single dual gang pot, 2 caps and a few resistors (the dual gang was 500k/250k, i knocked the 500k down to about 200k) all pieces i had lying around..

Works as it should thumb.gif

IMG_0913.jpg

• Members

DIY pedalboard that I made from one of those cheap aluminum tool boxes that I had kicking around. Top is removable of course.

Underneath is a powerbar that I hacked the plug off, and is now going to a AC outlet/power switch on the back.

It's also hinged at the front so I can get at the Powerall cables that are below.

I just brought it outside to air out some nasty smelling liquid electrical tape and thought I'd snap a quick pic. I think it turned out quite nice. smile.gif

p1010001cr.jpg

• Members

Beautiful! thumb.gif

This is a long overdue demo of two Fuzzrite clones I build recently. The right one is based on the classic schematic while the left (green LED) ist the Green Bomb Fuzz, a way louder and more low-end type. I was curious how the differences turn out, so I build both. I personally like the classic one a lot better.

• Members

breadboarded up a Timmy for my best mate's birthday... Sounds {censored}ing incredible on bass, I was blown away. It's going to hurt to give it away, might have to make one for myself!

My usual supplier (bitsbox) doesn't have any log 10k pots: it's 4k7 or the highway. Shall I use 4k7, settle for 10k linear, or buy something bigger and use a taper changing resistor?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine10

View Post

Here's my little dodad i made the other day..

Its a dual passive volume box, with treble bleed caps+resistors..

I built this mainly to use for my dirt boxes, which i feel sound so much better with level cranked etc. This will be in my rack in 2 of the loops of my GCX switcher, one side will be for the OCD and the other probably for my WIIO.. Both pedals have some serious output, my little box should help with that thumb.gif

Its 4 jacks, a single dual gang pot, 2 caps and a few resistors (the dual gang was 500k/250k, i knocked the 500k down to about 200k) all pieces i had lying around..

Works as it should thumb.gif

IMG_0913.jpg

cool design is cool.

• Members

Today I finally succeeded in making a flawless finish myself. All the boxes I did before had a a drip or dust somewhere but this one is smooth as baby skin and shiny as Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gificon_lol.gif

Since I finally started breadboarding my first real "own" pedal, it will get this housing cool.gif

dsc9595.jpg

32511149631329155913458.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by neoflox

View Post

Today I finally succeeded in making a flawless finish myself. All the boxes I did before had a a drip or dust somewhere but this one is smooth as baby skin and shiny as Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gificon_lol.gif

Since I finally started breadboarding my first real "own" pedal, it will get this housing cool.gif

dsc9595.jpg

32511149631329155913458.jpg

OK, I'll admit I'm a total enclosure paint noob - how did you do that? Looks great.

• Members

bump diyers.

I was wondering if anyone has bumped into this situation: My Epson printer won't print with my decal sheets. I'm using transparent decal 8.5 x 11, ink jet. I think they're avery and when I print my printer. which is brand new (bought specifically for making pedal enclosure decals yesterday) just brings the paper down and quickly pushes it through the rollers without printing anything.

I've emailed Avery and epson but I figured I'd ask cause I'm so close to being done my first batch!

• Members

cut out a square from the decal paper and scotch tape it to a regular piece of paper in the center or wherever it's gonna print. feed that in. use as little tape as possible. top and bottom I guess. dont half ass it. make sure there are no bits of tape or paper that are folded or wrinkled.

its 1am. Im probably not making sense

Archived