The Offical DIY Thread

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

The Offical DIY Thread

For all things pedal and effects related.

No guitars? cry.gif

A guitar is one of the next thing on my DIY list. I really want to build a Fender La Cabronita inspired guitar.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by neoflox

View Post

Well, just """acquire""" it (ie. download the 30-days trial from their homepage) and play around with it. You should be able to get something usefull within a day or so. Until you can buy a brainchip with all PS skillz, you have to learn it by yourself. Or get GIMP, it is the freeware pendant to PS.

Basically, find a graphic you like on the pedal and add some text to it would be the quickest way to get a decal design idn_smilie.gif

Nice tips here. Plus there is a lot of nice tutorials around to learn how to use it.

You could also try to find some templates to start your design from, or just scan an enclosure to get the good size. (if you have access to a scanner of course)

• Members

When you open a new PS document, it asks you for the dimensions. Or open a letter format preset if you want to work on a actual paper size. You can accurately define the coordinates of each text box, rectangle etc. There are also Smart Guides that help you aligning things

• Members

Bunch of stuff... Started off with a GGG true bypass box kit that has become my prototyping box (played with tap tempo, multiple loops toggled with a switch to go from one >> two or two >> one).

Built a BYOC Chorus for me.

Built a BYOC Vintage Fuzz for a friend:

006.jpg

Built a IBTBLP (Itty Bitty True Bypass Loop Pedal) that's still on my board:

PedalboardOct09.jpg

Current projects:

Dunlop Wah - True Bypass'd, going to add a volume boost to it and a switch to make it go from a wah to a volume pedal.

4ms Atoner w/ Sweptoner - something's messed up... Gotta finish troubleshooting

And the coup de gras:

Stratbody.jpg

+

Neck001.jpg

===

NeckandBodyMockup3.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

It looks like a Donnerbox... IIRC, they involve etching the metal and then using a somewhat transparent paint. idn_smilie.gif

Yes, it's a Donnerbox.

View Post

ME4003?

Fairchild SE4010

It's a Big Muff!!!

That's a really nice looking Princeton Reverb!!!!!

• Members

View Post

ME4003?

Quote Originally Posted by IvIark

View Post

Love them!

oh, go on then..... my last post for a week just for you two, 4003 melx muff. see you next sunday!

SL272978.jpg

Archived