• Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

You've heard the Blue one have you?

I've played both.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalLake

View Post

What's the story behind those pedals? I've seen a few around.

You may already know that a healthy faction of current and former HC'ers occupy an invite-only forum called Haunting Mids. I don't know a lot of the details, but along the way they created a couple batches of high-gain fuzz pedals that were meant to be retained by HM members only.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

nice boards on the last pages thumb.gif

i just add the LAL Steroid O.D. and kicked of all my other drives - really great sounding pedal, extrem flexible... so many sounds in one box, easy to cover all my current low gainers and more.

I really want to hear more from this pedal, but finding people who own them is hard, and finding clips is even harder. I know Kayzer has one up, but it's not really used in a normal context, so maybe it's not supposed to be used as a normal overdrive pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

I really want to hear more from this pedal, but finding people who own them is hard, and finding clips is even harder. I know Kayzer has one up, but it's not really used in a normal context, so maybe it's not supposed to be used as a normal overdrive pedal.

indeed not so much clips on the web and the one by Kayzer shows way more the extrems... But a great demo. the Steroid O.D. is great as a "standard" OD. i really like it as lowgain transparent and dynamic boost with a bit of grit. depends all on the settings. The "sculpting" (especially with the "limiter" switch) is really cool and gives you a second drive pedal in the same box.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel.

View Post

How do you like the Joyo trem pedal? Is it digital or analog?

I just got it, but so far it seems cool. Haven't gigged it yet, so will have to see how it holds up at a concert setting.

As far as I know, it's analog.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomCray

View Post

A friend of mine is going on tour next week, but had a flood in his practice space and lost his pedalboard. So I loaned him my Fuzz Factory, Tim, RRR, PS-3, Whammy, PTjr, and PP2+.

Just got the Octron in a trade, and dug out my old PT Mini + OneSpot. I guess I'm going basic for a while.

dsc02269de.jpg

love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sommy

View Post

I don't have a real camera, so here's a hilarious picture of me holding my pedalboard in front of my webcam:

Photoon2011-12-04at22532.jpg

Just condensed my two pedalboards into one.

Seriously cool big board. But I'd suggest to take these huge images out of your signature

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

You have some fantastic gear man! Is that a newer HBOD? I like the flat finish instead of the vomit swirl.

Thanks man. It is a newer HBOD. I think Donner went to this finish because the paint job is a bit more sturdy.

• Members

Haven't done this in forever so...

old board:

board-1.jpg

new board post DIY bug. chain is Ge fuzz face>phase 90>ce-2>ltd silver>rat>echo base>tremulus lune. the crazy {censored} up front on the breadboard is a colorsound wah circuit modulated by the LFO indicators on the phaser and trem. fun fun {censored}!

board12-11.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

old board:

board-1.jpg

new board post DIY bug. chain is Ge fuzz face>phase 90>ce-2>ltd silver>rat>echo base>tremulus lune. the crazy {censored} up front on the breadboard is a colorsound wah circuit modulated by the LFO indicators on the phaser and trem. fun fun {censored}!

board12-11.jpg

Whoa, that's quite the change! I dig it though, and wish I had enough talent/patience to build my own effects. Did you keep all your old pedals or sell them off?

• Members

You know looking back that was a pretty sweet board. Anyway I sold em all with no regrets except that ltd sr/ddss dual discreet. That thing was sweet but I'll make up some kind of dual drive in the future. The DIY stuff is much easier than you think man and lots of fun.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

old board:

board-1.jpg

Both great boards! Is that green amp switch a 1590A enclosure? Looks big for this. I'm about to build one for me too and can't quite decide if I take an A or B enclosure for it

• Members

Sure is a 1590A Flo but that pic doesn't accurately represent the color of the box. Look at the new board pic on the upper left, it's really a pretty hideous green. I plan to build a new one in the same size but in a different color using watch batteries [or maybe NiMH AAA cells] to power some LED indicators.

Archived