Do you change it up or use the same gear all of the time?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

There was a time I brought a different bass to gigs 11 times in a row.

I've got a fill-in gig that practiced with once before, and am practicing with this Friday......

Used my JTM and 2x12 GB cab......thinking about taking my Vox AC30BM instead.....or maybe my Randall RGT100ES (tube) and 4x12......or maybe the Matamp and 2x12 with HOT100s.

Choices!

Feel like a dillweed bringing different gear all of the time....:idk:

I used to do that too....I was jamming with a cover band and would bring various 5w amps just to spite the other guitar player with a 50w Jubilee 1x12 combo.

• Members

Horses for courses... I have a main gigging amp (62 Vibrolux) but do use different amps for different applications.
Princetons= duo gigs / small bars / Studio at home.
Vibrolux = any band gig
Vox = out door / large stage generally with the Vibrolux.

• Members

No, I generally use the same gear all the time.

I only have one amp and cab big enough for gigs, and only one guitar with a Floyd and use the whammy bar in a few of our songs.

However, in a way it makes things consistent for the rest of the band.

In saying that, I have now sold my car so might find it difficult to get this to a gig:

Mesa%252520Charvel%252520and%252520Pedal

So plan on buying a Randall RM50 1x12" and using a clean module and a Grail (recto clone) in it. Or maybe buying a Thiele cab.

• Members

I could take my favorite guitar, amp, and cab to everything there is and be happy except that the gigs are so small and cheap they are overkill so I usually just take cheaper and smaller gear because they are not worthy. It's my way of getting even with everyone.

• Members

I use different gear for different bands, a lot of it changes depending on how much space we have in transit and onstage in various venues.

My band Last Under The Sun as example 1: Based around my two Telecasters as guitars, essencial pedals would be Whammy, TS9 or OCD as boost, EVH phase 90, a cheap (but nice sounding) analog delay, into my Roadking and a Recto Std cab. If we do a show where backline is provided (ie...we're a support band etc) then I've been known to bust out the JCA20H, or poss one of my JCM800s.

Police Bastard: My SG's with that one, Dimebag Crybaby, TS9, Small Clone, Analog Delay, into the Roadking and Recto Std again. But as with LUTS, I've been known to bring an 800 instead when space is an issue. (The RK resides in an 8U/Head roadcase... rack is in development tho, so t's only really running a DTR2000 and a Sennheiser wireless.

Jilted Generation: My Les Pauls for this, Into a Bad Monkey (my be swapping this to an SD1 soon), Pod XT Live (FX only) and into a JCM800/1960A Will most probably be switching the 1960A for my Recto Trad angled cab next year too....the Marshall is early 70's checkered, GB loaded, beaten up old relic which could do with not being thrown in and out of a van twice a week.

• Members

The only things I am switching around at the minute is stompboxes. Hopefully my first fuzz should be arriving tomorrow. :thu:

I change guitars the least frequently.

Amps, I seem to buy one per year or thereabouts.. Sometimes I'll sell some on though.

Can't see myself selling my JTM or 800 anytime soon though. They are working great.

• Members

I change stuff up as much as my budget allows I guess. I have a Fender Deville 4x10 that's been my main amp for over 10 years but other than that I've switched between quite a few guitars (although most have been strats) and pedals. I want a Orange Rockerverb soooooo bad but I'd have to sell my Taylor 814ce to do it, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that move yet.

Archived