GAS: seriously thinking "aw f#$k it"...

kwakatak

• Members

...and pulling the trigger anyway no matter what my wife might say. Good thing I can't decide, but whatever it turns out to be I'm gonna enjoy curling up next to it on the couch! :freak:

So waddaya think? Blow $300-$500 on a Yamaha and sleep on the couch for a week or do the layaway thing on the Martin (basically $300-$500 for several months) and sleep on the couch for a year. Either way, it'll be a vacation. The kids have been roaming into our room and upsetting the cat so I'm not getting much sleep to begin with anyway. :bor:

Somebody, please talk me down. It's not as if I have time to play a new git anyway. The wife & kids have been keeping me jumping 15-18 hours a day lately.

*sigh* can't wait until June when I fly the coop and meet up with some folks at the McKnight Jam. Then the GAS will really flare up! :facepalm:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You don't need a new guitar to work on your set. No one cares what you play when you rawk.

That's the point. Nobody cares. It's all about the $$$ around here. I just want something to pound on that's not gonna sound like $#!t. :mad:

*sigh*

Sorry for the quasi-rant folks. I'm going through a mild crisis: I'm turning 40 this year, my wife and I'm doing double-diaper duty 12+ hours a day 7 days a week.

• Members

People! You're not helping poor Neil. This is a desperate cry for help:

Somebody, please talk me down. It's not as if I have time to play a new git anyway. The wife & kids have been keeping me jumping 15-18 hours a day lately.

Neil, go get a cup of ice cold water and poor it on your head. Repeat until the GAS goes away.

• Members

reduce the current collection.

cull the herd.

sell everything that's not nailed down in that house of yours.

you're stepping on and tripping over the cash you need.

the weather is changing around Ptsbgh now. have a garage sale.

• Members

reduce the current collection.

cull the herd.

sell everything that's not nailed down in that house of yours.

you're stepping on and tripping over the cash you need.

the weather is changing around Ptsbgh now. have a garage sale.

That is how I used to do it!

• Members

Come to terms with your frustrations. It sounds like a new guitar is the least of your worries.

Ain't nothin' worth pissin' off the missus, unless you wanted her gone to begin with. But my guess is, you don't want that.

Do what Stack says. Just play. Or write something, then play it.

Rechannel your energy.

• Members

...and pulling the trigger anyway no matter what my wife might say. Good thing I can't decide, but
whatever it turns out to be I'm gonna enjoy curling up next to it on the couch!
:freak:

So waddaya think? Blow $300-$500 on a Yamaha and sleep on the couch for a week or do the layaway thing on the Martin (basically $300-$500 for several months) and sleep on the couch for a year. Either way, it'll be a vacation. The kids have been roaming into our room and upsetting the cat so I'm not getting much sleep to begin with anyway.
:bor:

*sigh* can't wait until June when I fly the coop and meet up with some folks at the McKnight Jam. Then the GAS will
really
flare up!
:facepalm:

LOL

• Members

Hang in there Neil. Don't let something as silly as Martin Gas sour your music and other more important matters. Try one of those Hairy Krishna chants.

If it means anything to you, if you chose to believe me, all the guitars I've had have contributed nothing to my music. In all honesty NGDs are as delusional as any other material thing. No revelations there. Just a reminder.

• Members
Go buy an LL6 and be happy with that. They're great guitars!

BigAl
:thu:

I'm tempted to. My friend Yamaha Junkie has an LS6 and it's pretty nice. The LL6 I tried at the local family-run shop was nice too, but then there's that damned HD-35 they have in the back....:facepalm:

Archived