GAS: seriously thinking "aw f#$k it"...

kwakatak

• Members
Truly Im not preaching......

1...You have a loving wife and (God willing) healthy kids

2...Lawsuit Tak and others

3...You can play an instrument

Take a step back, .......you have so much that is good in your life.

Yeah ok your (both)tired and stressed but it will get easier, this downturn cant last forever.

Book a babysitter and take the mother of your children out for a nice meal, buy her some flowers.

Go for a walk in the park, lie on the grass and look at the stars.

Buy some new strings and some polish.

TELL HER YOU LOVE HER

+50,000 :thu:

You can also tell your wife you love her too. ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Whoa whoa whoa!
:eek:

Ain't nobody getting divorced over a damned guitar, so everybody just cool your jets.
:mad:

JT, you should know this - as does Melodeus, both of whom I've actually spoken to. Just goes to show why I shouldn't piss and moan about such things.
:facepalm:

Yep. You're as stable a person as I've ever met. Both feet on the ground. That's why this thread seemed out of character. But, you know how these threads can go. Give a man an inch...

• Members

Yep. You're as stable a person as I've ever met. Both feet on the ground. That's why this thread seemed out of character. But, you know how these threads can go. Give a man an inch...

*snorts* :rolleyes:

Now you know that's not true. I just need to lighten up and shake these winter blues, that's all:

BTW, I'm thinking of finally putting this up on the block. It's been collecting dust for too long:

th_MVI_20080915009.jpg

• Members

Okay. Winter blues it is. I don't get them down here. I guess the thread was just a yelp brought on by cabin fever.

Yep, I used to post threads like this all the time, us Northerners get sealed inside of our houses for a whole season.

• Members

You
should
add a nice dread to your collection at some point. But it should
not
be at the expense of your relationship with your wife and it should
not
take money from other areas of your life that are more needy.

Figure out a budget that will let you save up for a good one. It might take a while to get there and the wait will at times be killing you, but it
will
be worth the wait!

+1000

Hang in there, Neil...you'll have your dream git someday and not have any guilt feelings associated with it. Guilt = very bad mojo and your music wouldn't be the only thing that suffers because of it.

• Members

I don't seem to get gas any more. But I had my share in the not-too-distant past.

I spend my long lonely winter days woodshedding now. much more satisfying than waiting for the UPS truck to show up at the door.

Play on, happy polyguitarist.

• Members

I've been breathing freely... I mean without GAS for a couple of months now... but... :evil::evil::evil: I tried an OM 21 and it's the most responsive acoustic guitar I've ever tried! The Martin Tone was right there... It's not for now though!

I also tried an Ibanez (electric) that was lovely! :facepalm:

It's not for now either! (Ok The-Gas??? I'm talking to you! :poke:)

• Members

OK, so the fever has passed. I talked to my wife today about my intentions and she seemed OK with it as a long-term goal. For now we plan on getting some home repair projects done and are taking the kids to Disney for a few days. I'm fine with it.

• Members

OK, so the fever has passed. I talked to my wife today about my intentions and she seemed OK with it as a long-term goal. For now we plan on getting some home repair projects done and are taking the kids to Disney for a few days. I'm fine with it.

Hey, when you are at Disney, will it be Orlando?

If it is, check out my teacher/mentor Ed Wright. He plays there all the time at the HOB outside on the patio......its free! You'll love his playing. The man can play anything.

• Members

OK, I have a minor gripe. Whenever I try and talk to my wife about stuff I find interesting - not just guitars - she plays deaf. I think she's mad at me about something.
:idk:

Don't feel bad, my wife is the same way unless it's a topic of shared interest.

Many of my buddies have the same issue with their wives. It must be common. I heard the term "Football Widow" during football season and "Hunting Widow" during hunting season. :lol:

• Members
OK, I have a minor gripe. Whenever I try and talk to my wife about stuff I find interesting - not just guitars - she plays deaf. I think she's mad at me about something.
:idk:

mine "one-ups" yours. She plays "dumb" too.

That said, this is the one area where I'll take a "minor" over a "major"....

• Members

OK Papa Smurf I found the post.
Get a Yamaha and long for a Martin. Or. Get a Martin and feel guilt. Buddy, you already have guilt :) might as well enjoy yourself.
Buy a box of HoHo's and only eat HoHo's at Disney - you'll have the dough for the 21. Whola!
I said it to ya before, I'll say it again. Most of my collection is from buying stuff at the flea markets / garage sales on weekends and selling the crap on eBay and classifieds. Last weekend I sold a Printer Block and a matching Pellet tin that the block had been used for $28 (paid a dollar) Last weekend I made $260 toward my $1400 19" Bandsaw so I can turn trees into acoustics :)
1 hour of photo's, 1.5 hours of listings and replies (all between soccer games, birthday parties and feeding my kids 10 closest friends) 2 hours of packing.
Gross $400
Total cost of items sold including shipping $140
net $260
= $58 per hour
A wrinkled uo Oak stick and some sandpaper = a $20 walking stick buddy.
Guerrella Marketing;
Hand the dirty diapered kids off to the wife because you are busy mowing your neighbors lawn. Feed everyone fish sticks 10 nights in a row because you are busy painting your neighbors porch. She'll turn up the hearing aid long enough to find out which color Martin you want.

• Members

Get a Yamaha and long for a Martin. Or. Get a Martin and feel guilt. Buddy, you already have guilt
:)
might as well enjoy yourself.

Buy a box of HoHo's and only eat HoHo's at Disney - you'll have the dough for the 21. Whola!

I said it to ya before, I'll say it again. Most of my collection is from buying stuff at the flea markets / garage sales on weekends and selling the crap on eBay and classifieds. Last weekend I sold a Printer Block and a matching Pellet tin that the block had been used for $28 (paid a dollar) Last weekend I made $260 toward my $1400 19" Bandsaw so I can turn trees into acoustics
1 hour of photo's, 1.5 hours of listings and replies (all between soccer games, birthday parties and feeding my kids 10 closest friends) 2 hours of packing.

Gross $400

net $260

= $58 per hour

Guerrella Marketing;

Hand the dirty diapered kids off to the wife because you are busy mowing your neighbors lawn. Feed everyone fish sticks 10 nights in a row because you are busy painting your neighbors porch. She'll turn up the hearing aid long enough to find out which color Martin you want.

Or, in other words, make it happen if you want it enough and the Mrs will start listening when she realises you're buzzing with activity. :thu::)

• Members

Get a Yamaha and long for a Martin. Or. Get a Martin and feel guilt. Buddy, you already have guilt
might as well enjoy yourself.

I said it to ya before, I'll say it again. Most of my collection is from buying stuff at the flea markets / garage sales on weekends and selling the crap on eBay and classifieds. Last weekend I sold a Printer Block and a matching Pellet tin that the block had been used for $28 (paid a dollar) Last weekend I made $260 toward my $1400 19" Bandsaw so I can turn trees into acoustics

Gross $400

net $260

= $58 per hour

Guerrella Marketing;

LOL!

OK I hear ya. I figure you guys are probably throwing your hands up with all my whining anyway. I actually wouldn't mind getting out of the house after playing Mr. Mom to a couple of monkeys 12 hours a day while my wife works at a stressful job from dawn til dusk.

I think part of why she's been sore at me is that her "Honey Do" list hasn't been getting done. I'm terrible at time management and priorities, you see and the frustration I've been feeling about life in general leaves me holding my head in my hands just trying to keep it together. If it weren't for having a guitar on-hand I'd be in worse shape, but when things are going crazy it's best to keep them put away or there will be consequences from the kids and the wife.

BTW - I do have some help with my kids; we have a therapists come every day to work with my autistic son but they're not nannies so I have to be on-hand and at least get to take care of cleaning the high-traffic areas. Winter was rough with the cabin fever but now that spring's been peeking through the Pittsburgh clouds we're gonna get more father/son outdoor activity. Who knows? Maybe they'll even sit nice in the bicycle trailer for a few weekend rides?

OK, I've moaned enough. That lawn ain't cutting itself and we have a vacation to pack for.

• Members

"OK, I have a minor gripe. Whenever I try and talk to my wife about stuff I find interesting - not just guitars - she plays deaf. I think she's mad at me about something."

you're telling the wrong people, Neil.

take it from me (divorced. yeah, making mistakes is where wisdom is born).

Your wife is the one that you need to say this to.

If/when you can't talk to her, then the trouble gets deeper.

• Members

I think we need to send a search party out for your _alls...

Just pick out what you want as long as it doesn't affect the family budget...

edit. I didnt'r realize you had several acoustics already. Sell them all and buy one nice one, or just keep what you have and be thankful for having any at all...

• Members

Yes I do, Joe. I may have temporarily cured it by going outside and doing some landscaping. I got a lot done today and even got some woodshedding in to boot.

I did that yesterday. Pulled up some hedges and replaced them with some other botanical wonders my wife picked up at the local nursery. It was kinda fun. Does it look better? That's the botanical wonder part of it for me. I couldn't say because I just don't/won't have an eye for that sort of thing. I liked the ripping out part of the effort. Very therapeutic.

Archived