Your Stock Guitar

Stackabones

• Members

I'm talking about off-the-showroom floor stock. No upgrades on pins, saddles, nuts. No adding electronics (or swapping them out). New strings are acceptable and basic setups too, but nothing else -- nothing near stock. All stock!!!

Yamaha FS720S is so stock that I've still got the amazing Yammie stock strings on it (for over three weeks of heavy usage).

Tak EF340 dread all stock.

Tak gutbox is still stock after two-plus decades.

Lone Star Requinto that is stock.

I've got a couple more, but I haven't NGD'd them yet. And a few electrics, but we don't even what to go there. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Taylor 114 is "stock", no upgrades or anything. I love it's tone and playabilty and would not change a thing...well..maybe bridge pins in the future. My epi H-Bird I bought used and it was already "upgraded" to tusq saddle and nut. It sounds much better I think than some I have tried off the rack at the local music store.

Stack...I didn't know you had bought some new guitars? Shows you how long I have not been here...:idk:

• Members

I've never tinkered with my instruments, so they are all stock. :rolleyes:

My Luna Muse Burst has the exact sound I was looking for so I wouldn't want to mess with it.

In my experience, banjo players are among the worst for tinkering. A lot of my fellow players have changed so many things on their banjos that they are no longer anything like what they first bought. :facepalm:

• Members

My Yamaha FG720S-12 was completely stock for almost the first three months, including, as you said Stack, the amazing stock strings. I did add the JJB pickups so it's not "stock" anymore, but, it doesn't sound any different than before.

My Alvarez AJ60S is too new to have done anything to it.

On either of my guitars, I have not even done a setup on them. They've been great, for me, right out of the box.

• Members

Stack...I didn't know you had bought some new guitars? Shows you how long I have not been here...
:idk:

I had a conversion experience.

It started here ...

I think my main gigging guitar is wrong for my voice.

And wound up here ...

NGD -- I have moved out of BAGWIPS!!!

And here ...

Morgan Monroe ... soundclip

The first page of each thread will get you the general idea. If you do plan on reading all that, you may need a tall glass of beer with a shot of whisky. ;)

• Members

I had a conversion experience.

It started here ...

I think my main gigging guitar is wrong for my voice.

And wound up here ...

NGD -- I have moved out of BAGWIPS!!!

And here ...

Morgan Monroe
soundclip

The first page of each thread will get you the general idea. If you do plan on reading all that, you may need a tall glass of beer with a shot of whisky.
;)

I have a big cup of coffee...that should do me while I read...I am stoked now...:thu:

• Members

My Yamaha FG720S-12 was completely stock for almost the first three months, including, as you said Stack, the amazing stock strings. I did add the JJB pickups so it's not "stock" anymore, but, it doesn't sound any different than before.

Near stock! FOUL! :cop:

:lol:

• Members

All of my guitars are stock.

Seriously, though. The only thing I've ever done to my Seagull was glue the nut back on when it fell off (had all the strings off to clean the fretboard). And I've changed the strings, several times, of course :thu:. The same goes for the rest of my guitars. I've only changed the strings on my Ovation, and outside of playing with the action on my LP, I've just done regular string changes there as well.

The only real mod I've ever done was to my Gretsch. It came with a clear pickguard that looked pretty ugly, so I threw a Gretsch logo on it and spray painted the back it with some Rustoleum hammered silver spray paint.

I guess I'm just not one for mods :idk:.

• Members

I've got you beat.

Both of Yamaha L Series are bone stock with the same Yamaha strings they shipped with nearly 2 months ago.

I have 2 bone saddles ready to go, but I'm in no hurry to install them.

• Members

Every guitar I've ever owned is all stock, except those that were fiddled with prior to me getting them. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how to change anything on a guitar except the strings. :confused:

• Members

My Eastman 804CE never even needed a setup.

I'm replacing the volume pot and beefing up the ground to tailpiece connection now tho', so it may be DQ-ed. I'm starting to think about new tuners too.

• Members

Bone stock Collings OM & dread here. Actually, I take that back, I added a strap button to the neck heel on the dread. Other than that, just a few string changes and a lot of music!

I also have four virginal classical guitars from 1974, 1987, 2002, and 2008.

Archived