This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:rolleyes:

alright guys heres my story... yes, it was a long time before i got aroudn to shipping it yes, it was unresponsible yes, i owe him something, can i afford it now? surely not... i mean hell i had to basically allow him to pay for shipping....

how i packed it... was not completely with newspapers... there was those air filled bags around the neck before the headstock... sponge on both sides of the body, between the box and body, and then it was filled with papers... how the bass was shipped to me, it was wrapped in bubble wrap and thrown in a box, it did get here saftely... but the box was actually even tore open a little i was suprrised the body didnt get damage...

but thats not even the point here... i didnt pack it, for it to get damaged, nor was it damaged before entering the box... the box showed no signs of damage from pictures... so it obviously had rough handling.... yes ir ead every post here... everyone is entitled to their own opinon and i'm not going to even take the time to argue it....

i'm in the middle of bettering myself... i recently finished school and am trying to move ahead.... i'm all up for helping keith... he is one of the best guys ever to work something out with.... if he can get in contact with someone on a repair quote, i can try and meet him half way... because i myself don't think it was packed poorly (i could be wrong) i may be novice, or not knowledgable enough to properly prepare it but to MY knowledge it was packed saftely.... i've emailed keith... and we'll continue to have contact until everything is resolved... you guys can continue to run this into a knitting circle if you wish... after i clear up what i left hanging, i'll be done trading online, i will still continue to frequent the forums... once in a while but... i've proven to myself i can't do everything at once.... so again

i'm all for helping him out, in anyway i can

• Members
i'm overpaid to sit around and write code. {censored} ain't hard earned at all.
:)

no worries.
:thu:
i hope we can get him exactly what he wants!

I hear ya!

i"m in for $50 (whoever is keeping count).

OR, if drawdeep is interested in a Toneport, I have one sitting around that I'll gladly throw in.

Case is mandatory this time, folks!
Also, I suggest not letting this drag for too long (about the deadline).

Cheers.

• Members

Who doesn't!

Seriously, even though Slash was standing on my shoulder saying "wait until tomorrow, see how high it goes", I don't want to profit from this.

I will simply be thrilled with not being totally screwed and if someone else can be helped in the process, even better.

IMO, you have shown yourself to be a reasonable stand-up guy and not taking total advantage of the situation.

Too bad Chrismas was last week...no, wait, it was a few days ago...eesh.

I wish you all the best and you're lucky to be a member of such a caring community.

• Members

Blima=$30
Tomhuff=$30
Iplayanesp=$10
RavenCAD=$20
leopardstar=$20
axe 34=$30
ejendres=$20
knucklechutz=$20
jim7895=$30
joecool1963=$10
Theskyiscrying=$20
Teh Bacons=$10
aenemated=$100
dave aronow=$20
hardtdc=$20
tiltsta-$20
Riffy=$10
karma279=$20
Isuck=$5
JrockBridge=$20
's mel gibson=$20
indianscout=$20
bigbone=$20
asp1ring r0cker=$10
Puckman=$50

TOTAL= $585

• Members

i think our first order of business is for everyone to chip in enough to get you a guitar you're happy with, so you can forget this whole rotten mess.

THEN, i think it's a great idea to try to get that epi fixed and figure out a way to get it to, preferably for me, some kid that can't quite afford a decent axe. dunno if there's a member around here or something ... but, if it were me running the show, that's how i'd want it to work.

I totally second this idea. New guitfiddle for drawdeep, and fix the broken Epi and make it the next "giveaway" to someone who needs it.

• Members

Blima=$30
Tomhuff=$30
Iplayanesp=$10
RavenCAD=$20
leopardstar=$20
axe 34=$30
ejendres=$20
knucklechutz=$20
jim7895=$30
joecool1963=$10
Theskyiscrying=$20
Teh Bacons=$10
aenemated=$100
dave aronow=$20
hardtdc=$20
tiltsta-$20
Riffy=$10
karma279=$20
Isuck=$5
JrockBridge=$20
's mel gibson=$20
indianscout=$20
bigbone=$20
asp1ring r0cker=$10
Puckman=$50
soupydreck37=$20

TOTAL= $605

• Members

Btw, great ideas everyone, but just a word of caution: Don't go volunteering Frets, Atrox, or whoever without their knowledge. It's bad form to just assume someone will do this favor (no matter how great these guys are).

I know. sorry. I was jsut trying to say A well trusted forum regualr should handle the funds.

Archived