This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Members

here's a legit question, we are all for getting a new axe for our fellow forumite, which I am 100% in agreement with..

but what message does this sent to bassturd, how can we also send a message to him that while we got this covered, he is still not out of this mess..

well, we can't really send the brute squad out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

here's a legit question, we are all for getting a new axe for our fellow forumite, which I am 100% in agreement with..

but what message does this send to bassturd, how can we also send a message to him that while we got this covered, he is still not out of this mess..

needs to be banned.

• Members

but what message does this send to bassturd, how can we also send a message to him that while we got this covered, he is still not out of this mess..

His reputation is trashed.

He won't be welcome here and he will no longer be able to deal openly with members.

What else should be done? Hang 'im?

• Members

9-pin-phoenix=$10

Aenemated=$100

Asp1ring r0cker=$10

Axe 34=$30

Benihana chef=$15

Bigbone=$20

Blima=$30

Cogdog=$20

Dave aronow=$20

Dogfish=$20

Djorouke=$20

Dr. clonebucket=$5

Ejendres=$20

Hardtdc=$20

Indianscout=$20

Iplayanesp=$10

Isuck=$5

Jim7895=$30

Joecool1963=$10

JrockBridge=$20

Karma279=$20

Knucklechutz=$20

Leopardstar=$20

Mr.Tramples=$5

Myname1=$10

Puckman=$50

RavenCAD=$20

Riffy=$10

Slayerofshadows=$15

'S mel gibson=$20

Snoman97=$10

Soupydreck37=$20

Teh Bacons=$10

Theskyiscrying=$20

Tiltsta-$20

Tomhuff=$30

TOTAL= $735

• Members

this is where we are currently

Here is an idea.

It is obvious that there are going to be TONS of pledges and we are going to end up with WAY more money than we need for this good deed.

We could save the extra money for somthing else, or we could reduce the percentage of each persons initial pledge by the percentage we are over, once we have priced the guitar amd case.

I know there are some people here that are pledging because they REALLY REALLY want to help out here, but they may not be in the best financial circumstances to do so.

We dont want to make this painful for anyone, so this would be a way to ease it up on everyone especially those that want to help, but really financially shouldnt be doing so.

For example:

We end up with 1000.00 in pledges.

Total cost of guitar+case+shipping+incidentals= 700.00

A 10.00 pledge then becomes a 7.00 pledge and so on.

Doesnt sound like alot, but it could be the difference between someone who would like to help but cant, and someone who can.

• Members

Here is an idea.

It is obvious that there are going to be TONS of pledges and we are going to end up with WAY more money than we need for this good deed.

We could save the extra money for somthing else, or we could reduce the percentage of each persons initial pledge by the percentage we are over, once we have priced the guitar amd case.

I know there are some people here that are pledging because they REALLY REALLY want to help out here, but they may not be in the best financial circumstances to do so.

We dont want to make this painful for anyone, so this would be a way to ease it up on everyone especially those that want to help, but really financially shouldnt be doing so.

For example:

Doesnt sound like alot, but it could be the difference between someone who would like to help but cant, and someone who can.

Not a bad idea....

• Members

Here is an idea.

We could save the extra money for somthing
else, or we could reduce the percentage of each persons initial pledge by the percentage we are over, once we have priced the guitar amd case.

For example:

I say we save the money for others in need in the future.

I honestly think its to the donaters discretion. If we tell them only to to donate $7 instead of $10. Just because we say only $7, doesnt mean they wont donate more.

I think its Their choice.

• Members

9-pin-phoenix=$10
Aenemated=$100
Asp1ring r0cker=$10
Axe 34=$30
Benihana chef=$15
Bigbone=$20
Blima=$30
Cogdog=$20
Dave aronow=$20
Dogfish=$20
Djorouke=$20
Dr. clonebucket=$5
Ejendres=$20
go cat go=$20
Hardtdc=$20
Indianscout=$20
Iplayanesp=$10
Isuck=$5
Jim7895=$30
Joecool1963=$10
JrockBridge=$20
Karma279=$20
Knucklechutz=$20
Leopardstar=$20
Mr.Tramples=$5
Myname1=$10
Puckman=$50
RavenCAD=$20
Riffy=$10
Slayerofshadows=$15
'S mel gibson=$20
Snoman97=$10
Soupydreck37=$20
Teh Bacons=$10
Theskyiscrying=$20
Tiltsta-$20
Tomhuff=$30

TOTAL= $755

• Members

Maybe we should make a paypal account for regular forumites who get screwed in deals.

We can buy an epi LP for now, put the rest in the account for the next bad deal.

There could be a few upstanding senior forumites who would decide who deserved the money, and people could continue to donate whenever they felt like it.

• Members

As it was just the holidays and I spent all my money, I can't contribute money, but I offer my full approval of the lynching that will inevitably occur.

Signature updated.

Your signature is a good idea...much better than my PM idea. We should all add something like.

Watch out for Bassturd = bad transaction

• Members

ok I think this has reached the point where we have more money than we need.

I suggest we go by the original list (the one that had the pledges in order they were received, not in alphabetical order) and email the folks who pledge donation until we reached the $450 amount.

That way, we can buy the Epiphone Honeyburst he wanted and also get a nice HC case as a bonus, which I think he deserves for the trouble and aggravation he was put through.

For the people who pledged after we reached the $450, thank you very much and I am sure we can use your help next time.

What do you guys think??

• Members

ok I think this has reached the point where we have more money than we need.

I suggest we go by the original list (the one that had the pledges in order they were received, not in alphabetical order) and email the folks who pledge donation until we reached the $450 amount.

That way, we can buy the Epiphone Honeyburst he wanted and also get a nice HC case as a bonus, which I think he deserves for the trouble and aggravation he was put through.

For the people who pledged after we reached the $450, thank you very much and I am sure we can use your help next time.

What do you guys think??

I say we let it keep coming in until next friday(we have people who have pledged but cant pay yet).

Extra money in the "help a brotha out" fund isnt a bad thing. It can go to Giveaways, and other things.

• Members

Whatever you guys decide to do it is fine with me, but my offer of 10 bucks still stands if you need it.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but it is great to see everyone come together for a noble cause.

I just want the original guy that was screwed, to get his UNDAMAGED honey burst les paul!

Oh, and PICS should be mandatory once he gets it..can't leave us hangin.....LOL!

• Members

I say we save the money for others in need in the future.

I honestly think its to the donaters discretion. If we tell them only to to donate $7 instead of $10. Just because we say only $7, doesnt mean they wont donate more.

I think its Their choice.

Realistically, we are going to end up with well over a thousand dollars, or even two or three at this rate.

So at 2000.00 in pledges towards the same guitar(700.00 total-just a guess),

A 10.00 pledge becomes 3.50 pledge.

This also eliminates the need for someone to have to babysit and manage a fund that we havent even decided what to do with yet.

There will always be more pledge threads.

We shouldnt stick one person with the responsibility of having to manage a continuous revolving door fund indefinitely.

Archived