This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Members

Realistically, we are going to end up with well over a thousand dollars, or even two or three at this rate.

So at 2000.00 in pledges towards the same guitar(700.00 total),

A 10.00 pledge becomes 3.50 pledge.

This also eliminates the need for someone to have to babysit and manage a fund that we havent decided what to do with yet.

There will always be more pledge threads.

We shouldnt stick one person with the responsibility of having to manage a continuous revelving door fund indefinitely.

thats fine. Seeing as how people here are so great, i dont think it will be hard to scrouge up dough again if some ones hurting.

I SAY END DONATIONS.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, no one has time to manage some HCEG fund. it's a bit much to ask. i think this thread has shown that we'll all stand up for someone that deserves it.

i'm just mostly up to hook drawdeep up with a guitar that will make him happy and forget the rotten transaction. i'd say dave's idea is pretty solid, but i'm still 100% behind my stated donation.

• Members

Realistically, we are going to end up with well over a thousand dollars, or even two or three at this rate.

So at 2000.00 in pledges towards the same guitar(700.00 total-just a guess),

A 10.00 pledge becomes 3.50 pledge.

This also eliminates the need for someone to have to babysit and manage a fund that we havent even decided what to do with yet.

There will always be more pledge threads.

We shouldnt stick one person with the responsibility of having to manage a continuous revolving door fund indefinitely.

I am starting to follow your idea Dave, and If some one is willing to do more, they could do 2 pledges. So using your math above, it would be $7.00 for that person if that was their wish.

• Members

thats fine. Seeing as how people here are so great, i dont think it will be hard to scrouge up dough again if some ones hurting.

I SAY END DONATIONS.

Well yeah, but also, ending donations right now isnt exactly what I'm trying to say either.

There will be alot of people still to came along that would like to contribute, because they missed some of the other donation threads, or for whatever reason, so we should still leave it open as planned to give every one a chance to take part.

• Members

Makes me wish I had been more vocal about a bad deal I had recently. Is it too late? >_>

Yup it is probably too late.

Not saying you are not as deserving as the next guy, but these things kind of just happen spontaneously and there is no way to predict when it will happen.

But flat out asking usually wont work.;)

In that case, weve ALL had bad deals, and I'd like one free case o'hookers, one free case o'guitars, and one free truck o'beer.:D

• Members

If you guys decide we need a treasurer, let me know. I'll check back in the morning.

If it's a go, I'll try to open a checking account at Ent Credit Union. But, usually, a free account requires a minimum deposit and my $20 might not be enough for a free checking deal. Maybe, my current accounts will give me some clout. :idk:

:wave:

• Members

I am starting to follow your idea Dave, and If some one is willing to do more, they could do 2 pledges. So using your math above, it would be $7.00 for that person if that was their wish.

Or, they could just pledge more.

E.G. The 20.00 pledge in our hypothetical situation becomes 7.00

• Members
Here is an idea.

It is obvious that there are going to be TONS of pledges and we are going to end up with WAY more money than we need for this good deed.

We could save the extra money for somthing else, or we could reduce the percentage of each persons initial pledge by the percentage we are over, once we have priced the guitar amd case.

I know there are some people here that are pledging because they REALLY REALLY want to help out here, but they may not be in the best financial circumstances to do so.

We dont want to make this painful for anyone, so this would be a way to ease it up on everyone especially those that want to help, but really financially shouldnt be doing so.

For example:

We end up with 1000.00 in pledges.

Total cost of guitar+case+shipping+incidentals= 700.00

A 10.00 pledge then becomes a 7.00 pledge and so on.

Doesnt sound like alot, but it could be the difference between someone who would like to help but cant, and someone who can.

Although I am unable to donate, I definitely agree with this. It's a huge bummer what happened to him, and I feel really bad. But the guy has said himself that he already has a few guitars. I just think he should get the same guitar he traded for and a case.

I think that if people are still willing, they should donate the rest of the money they offered to a music charity. I unfortunately can only really think of Save The Music, but I am sure someone else could chime in with ideas regarding that.

Again, just my opinion. :wave:

• Members
Or, they could just pledge more.

E.G. The 20.00 pledge in our hypothetical situation becomes 7.00

I like the idea because it allows more people to participate. I agreed to donate because I wanted to be included in the good deed. Others should be able to feel that same thing....that they can make a difference...right a wrong. It's a powerful thing!!! :)

• Members

ok im slow ya?

so end tomorow at 6.

Say we have $1500 in donations, how do we handle it?

Well, we hold off on sending the pledges untill we have an actual total cost of the guitar with everything included. Say it is 700.00

We have an extra 800.00 that we dont need.

So each pledger only needs to send .466% of his initial pledge.

So a 10.00 pledge becomes a 4.66 pledge.

So a 20.00 pledge becomes a 9.32 pledge.

• Members

Well, we hold off on sending the pledges untill we have an actual total cost of the guitar with everything included. Say it is 700.00

We have an extra 800.00 that we dont need.

So each pledger only needs to send .466% of his initial pledge.

So a 20.00 pledge becomes a 9.32 pledge.

oh alright. i see. That sounds good. well I guess well let this run this 6 tommorow.

• Members

The way this is going, I would say that ending at 6 tomorrow would probably be fine...it will be Saturday, so most of the regulars will see this thread and have a chance to donate.

Then you can end it and decide what to do, though I am STILL blown away at how much money was raised in such a short time.

• Members

9-pin-phoenix=$10
Aenemated=$100
Asp1ring r0cker=$10
Axe 34=$30
Benihana chef=$15
Bigbone=$20
Blima=$30
Cogdog=$20
Dave aronow=$20
Dogfish=$20
Djorouke=$20