Hello!!! It's been a while!

LiFeStArTs@40

• Members

Just stopping in to say hello! I'm glad to see a lot of familiar peeps still around. A lot has happened for my wife and I since the last time I was here including a move from michigan to florida. Still playing my Yamaha L series and still loving it. Hope to stick around for a bit and help out when possible.

• Members

Thanks for the welcome all! Loving Florida. Been here for a year and a half. We live in Cape Coral right on a canal. This was a fairly sudden and unplanned move for us. My wife took a really good job opportunity and I was happy to go. She started her job quickly and I stayed behind and sold our house, big boat, snowmobiles and off I went. Surprisingly, it all went very smooth. Now we have a center console boat on a covered lift right in our back yard and do a lot boating in the gulf. One cool thing around here is that there's a lot of good musicians. I've set up a "practice studio" in my house. I'm still not good enough on guitar to play in a band but I do play drums well enough and can do some in between sets solo stuff on acoustic. I'm currently trying to find another group to play with where I don't have to haul my drums around... Hence, the music room. I have a killer drum set, a nice bass rig with a 300 watt bass head / 410 cab, and now a really nice PA / sub / mixer set up. When I do get to jam, the guys just have to basically show up, other than an electric guy who still has to bring an axe and amp. I'm still down to two acoustic guitars. I still have my early Seagull M6 (first ever guitar) ,which still sounds and plays pretty good, and my Yamaha LL6. I'm very smitten with my acoustic running through my PA system. I also still have my Fishman Loudbox mini. That works great when I do go out of town. Well, that's my update for now. Thanks again for the welcome back! If you're ever in Cape Coral, look me up if you want to jam.

• Members

Cape Coral. I was there about 5 years ago visiting in a neighborhood much like you describe. Canals and boats everywhere on davits. I live midway between Mickey Rat and Daytona Beach on the I-4 corridor. I prefer the gulf coast feel of Florida. I have a couple Kayaks but haven't exercised them in months. Too much work. Good luck collecting up a band and have some fun. You're in the right area for it, recreationally speaking.

I tend towards the plugged sound now as well. I run a Yamaha cross-over through a Fishman SA220 as a routine. I can search for the right tone in an acoustic or dial it in with a cross-over and an amp.

• Members

Sounds like you're living the dream. My in-laws used to rent in Cape Coral when they were just snowbirds. They got seduced by the lifestyle and moved into a gated community up in Port Charlotte five years ago to become full time residents. We see them maybe once a year but my kids still adore them. I'd move down there in a heartbeat but I'd miss the seasons - well, all but winter. ;o)

• Members
Welcome back yourself, Sammye. You get things sorted out? BTW, you mentioned a NGD during your hiatus. You know the deal: post pics and prepare for the goats.

BTW, whatever happened to Misha?

Thanks, Neil. Yup, things sorted. Just too much on the plate all at once - LOL - then managed to survive the usual holiday season mishmash afterward.

Yeah, hubby got me a Yammie Lamie (F335) to take camping. Never want to risk the higher-end gits, yet it was definitely time to retire the ancient Stella. That one is officially a cute little wall hanger now, though it's still in excellent shape for a 50+ year old git.

I haven't heard from Misha in a longgggggggggg time. Trina faded off the radar too. Ellen popped in over at my fave sandbox at New Year and said Hi.

• Members

Hi to you all !

I hope you are all safe and healthy! Happy New Year to all of you!

It's been a while since I posted here. Actually, my account was unavailable, I couldn't log in. It took a couple of months before I received an answer to the email I had sent to the administrator. I was not hopping for a reply anymore... I had given up thinking everything had changed, but then, there it was, I saw an email from Harmony-Central in my hotmail inbox: they gave me a new password and corrected my email address.

For 2015, I plan to... practice, avoid buying too many gears and practice, instead!

I'm very busy with my day job, I work a bit too much, but I miss the people here and the fun with often have had! I missed playing guitar!

It looks like a lot of "old" members are still here! What a nice surprise!!

• Members

Hello, and welcome back. I really like Florida. Spent quite a bit of time there as a kid at a little town called Pahokee and at Canal Point on the lake. Nowadays, I take the fam charter fishing out of Panama City or the Destin Marina at least once every summer. Great place to spend too much money too fast, LOL!!! Anyway, glad to see you back.

BTW, I really like the Fishman Loudbox. While I don't own one, I've played through a few. Great acoustic sound reproduction.

• Members
Hi to you all !

I hope you are all safe and healthy! Happy New Year to all of you!

It's been a while since I posted here. Actually, my account was unavailable, I couldn't log in. It took a couple of months before I received an answer to the email I had sent to the administrator. I was not hopping for a reply anymore... I had given up thinking everything had changed, but then, there it was, I saw an email from Harmony-Central in my hotmail inbox: they gave me a new password and corrected my email address.

For 2015, I plan to... practice, avoid buying too many gears and practice, instead!

I'm very busy with my day job, I work a bit too much, but I miss the people here and the fun with often have had! I missed playing guitar!

It looks like a lot of "old" members are still here! What a nice surprise!!

Hi Misha! Glad to see you posting here again!!!

Archived