Anybody else have that one 'Go-To' Guitar?

hellion_213

• Members

You know, the one that when you think about playing, it pops in your mind? For me, its my Beast. Absolutely love it. Over the years it has been slowly molded into exactly what I wanted. I have sold or traded all the others, but that one is special. I've taped the wires up, hurried repair, chipped both headstock tips, dinged the body, broke and replaced a pickup ring (neck) with a cut piece of DVD case (again, quick repair) but still can't replace it. What are your one and onlys?

• Members

My charcoal frost metallic strat is my number 1 but if I want overdrive, i'll grab my Les Paul, just does it better. So, it changes depending upon needs but my strat is a "special" one, it just has it. Strats were easy to sell so I used to import them to Australia and our of the 50 or so strats I've owned/flipped, it's been the best.

fetch?filedataid=116540

• Members

Mine is the first guitar I ever built - its ten years old now and has seen a lot of miles but I'm still impressed by the fact that some bozo who didn't know poop when he stepped in it could actually build something that not only looks pretty darn good isn't all that shabby sounding. Its an acoustic so we won't talk too much more about it, but my old 000-28FK is definitely my Go To.

• Members

This was 2006, I was a member of this forum but didn't archive or book mark any of my early threads and with several crashes and all the software changes most of it got lost. I did do one for a now defunct kit guitar forum (the guitar was a kit) - you can muddle your way thru this if you are interested

http://www.kitguitarsforum.com/archives/threads.php?id=125_0_6_0_C

Anyway, point is my first build is still my main squeeze, I love all the others but on Valentines day I play the 000

17-Rosette.jpg

• Members

I've only really upgraded the electronics. Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups full size 250k pots (it came with small 500k) Orange Drop cap and 50's wiring too . The plastic jack plate broke so it was upgraded to steel. with a Switchcraft jack. On this pic it has a blend pot but that has now been replaced with an upgraded 3 way switch. I also now have the control plate flipped with the vol. on top and switch on bottom. Plus because it's cheap I'm not afraid to take it apart and mod it Dollar wise it may not make sense but it was a gift from my wife so it's a keeper.

Sorry for the old pic but I was too lazy to take a new one

Oh, I forgot to mention that the pots didn't fit the control plate so I had to drill it out and of course the knobs no longer fit so they were replaced . The bridge plate also needed to be opened up for the pickup to clear properly..The switch didn't fit the control plate either I think I had to drill out the mounting holes. In other words nothing fit without some tinkering. But now I love it because I made it mine

Archived