Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooooooohhhh, you're so hip and artsy, can I touch you?

Honestly not trying to imply my "path" on the guitar was any better than anyone elses -- just trying to clarify that when the EVH thing "blew up" in '78-79, I was 10,000% not on-board with that craze. I didn't "get it" then, and i still don't.

But that's just me; fiercely independent, anti-lemming and march to the beat of my own drummer.

No doubt some great players bore out of the whole Eddie thing though; Vita Bratta, Nuno, Reb Beach ... the list goes on....

Comment

You're a self -proclaimed punk in 2012.

Way to buck the system there, rebel-rebel...........

... that hurt, man.

My mom and MRR think I'm punk as **************** ...
      Gear I use... Amps - Roc Pro, BF Bassman, 1959RI, Blackheart 5W... Speakers - G12T75, RWB + Man O War, Fender 75W, Z Matcher, Hot Plate... Pedals - Shredmaster, Tim, Swollen Pickle, YJM308, MXR M-86, Turbo Tuner, POG2, Buddy Guy Wah, Timmy, Zendrive, Whetstone, EVH Flanger, DD20, Starcaster Chorus, BYOC Tremolo, Cathedral, The Looker... Guitars - Epi LP and Dot Studio with .88 Tortex and D'Addario .10's Recording - Korg D3200, SM57 + $8 mics...

Comment

It's hard to NOT like them! I dunno, those four guys together, were absolute magic, no denying that. Dave wasnt exactly a fantastic singer, but they created a **************** ton of distinctly memorable music together. The four of them were exactly what needed to be there to produce what they produced. **************** is timeless.
        Fiddles: Gibson Les Paul Classic
        Warmoth homebuilt Strat
        Xaviere XV-550

Amps: Splawn Quick Rod and matching 2x12
        Laney VC-30112

good dealings with/trade references: MRAAJR, SMASHINGTIME, STRATOSLACKER, MASTERBURRFOOT, BLUPLIRST

Comment

I'm a big fan of every album they've put out except for III.

The only reason I don't like III is that I literally can't understand anything Gary Cherone is saying. It's unintelligible.

Unintelligible? Because he doesn't use sleazy lingo/sexual innuendos plus a lot of BABY BABY BABY in his lyrics?
          Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I've always liked them, even during the Sammy Hagar years. I still do.
            http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

I like most DLR-era stuff a lot, even the new album, but I hate Van Hagar. Couldn't care less about Eddie's lead playing, but I think he's an awesome rhythm player.

Also, Eruption is stupid.
              Guitars: PRS SE Custom 22; Fender MIM Strat
              Amps: Peavey 5150 II; Jet City JCA50H; Crate 4x12 w/ V30s

Comment

Me...even though they were the 1st concert I went to. 1984 Tour!

Me too, except mine was during the 3 tour w/ Cherone. I like them, but I agree w/ the post that said only Americans seem to like them, despite 2 members being Dutch.

Comment

Like Sammy era a bit more than the DLR era.

Overall, like playing it far more than listening to it. I want to change to something else after about half a song ~ 2 songs. I can not bear a full album.
                  Spam'o'matic:

Nothing!

Comment

Love VH. Hate all the hairspray using eyeliner wearing douchebags who came after them.
                    Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Never been a fan. LOVE his gear though!!
                      Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
                      LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                      Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                      Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                      Amps:
                      EVH 5150 III 100w
                      EVH 5150 III 4x12
                      Effects:
                      POD HD300
                      MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

While Eddie was a media sensation as a lead guitarist and due to the media forcing him down our throats he influenced a lot of players... just not a fan of his lead playing or their songs. He's a great rhythm guitarist, but not so much a great lead player to my ears.

I also hate AC/DC & LZ.

Derek

Comment

Unintelligible? Because he doesn't use sleazy lingo/sexual innuendos plus a lot of BABY BABY BABY in his lyrics?

No, not unintelligent, I mean unintelligible as in it sounds like gibberish moonspeak. He might as well be speaking Swahili.
                          Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

And Mr. Grimace, there is nothing that I would be delighted more to do right now then to punch you in the face until it disintegrates.

SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I tried to like it.
                            I enjoy eruption but beyond that its simply not for me.

No denying their abilities to write hooks and eddie's abilities and influence on guitar but its simply a band I am not capable of enjoying.

That is pretty much my take on VH as well...
                            *********PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIBSON MAFIA***********
                            Good Deals with: Box handler,the4thlast1,meowy,
                            61reissue,Yavin,tspit74,musiclikscreams,Dega500,
                            Powerglide350, Dark Sound,ambitot pu phan, DJFrank(x2),Salameri544,CRANK,BloodBros,ChuckMehh, Devnulljp,Dark Aegis,TheIgnoramus

*A couple of Gibson's, a cord, some dunlop picks and some cornbread...
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/DR440

Comment

He is the forum mascot. He is, forever.
                              Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

Justin Bieber syndrome??
                                *********PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIBSON MAFIA***********
                                Good Deals with: Box handler,the4thlast1,meowy,
                                61reissue,Yavin,tspit74,musiclikscreams,Dega500,
                                Powerglide350, Dark Sound,ambitot pu phan, DJFrank(x2),Salameri544,CRANK,BloodBros,ChuckMehh, Devnulljp,Dark Aegis,TheIgnoramus

*A couple of Gibson's, a cord, some dunlop picks and some cornbread...
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/DR440

Comment

Working...
                                X