Does anyone here NOT like Van Halen?

Nerine

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's some ointment I used recently ...

lulz, I have no pony in the race -- not a die hard fan boi of either -- it's just such a dumb assed, e-tard comment to make about a band that's been around longer than van halen, sporting revenues small countries envy. The entertainment your fail continues to provide is much appreciated. :lol::wave:

• Members
lulz, I have no pony in the race -- not a die hard fan boi of either -- it's just such a dumb assed, e-tard comment to make about a band that's been around longer than van halen, sporting revenues small countries envy. The entertainment your fail continues to provide is much appreciated.
:lol::wave:

Did you read the directions on the box pictured above? You're supposed to apply the cream, not eat it. :idea:

• Members
:freak:

Now this I just don't get. I can't see how ANY old-school VH fan can't LOVE the new record. {censored}, it should've been called 1985! It's overall the heaviest, hardest-rocking record they've ever made, and many of those songs wouldn't have been at all out of place on one of the early records. (Particularly the 6 that were written back then!)

Still, to each his own, I suppose.
:idk:

I like them alot,I like about 1/2 of every album but also find the skip button for about 1/2 of the album also. As far as the new album goes,I haven't heard it all and I just saw them live 2 weeks ago,heard them playing the new tracks and so far not impressed at all to even think about buying it.........EVH plays his ass off but I think DLR sounds like he isn't even putting in an effort on it,and IMO he came off that way when playing them live. Could be a reason why EVH wanted DLR to go back and redo all the vocals on the new album?

• Members

How many bands and players emulated Van Halen in the 1980s? - close to ZILLIONS! :lol:

Anywhere heres some clips from the new CD

[video=youtube;uX-FYv_NG2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX-FYv_NG2k

I TRULY think its a kickass CD, i was very skeptical and hoping for a decent CD (4-5 good songs) and i the CD has about 12 really good kickass songs on it, they surprised me 4 sure

:eek:

• Members

women and children first, fair warning, and 1984 are totally genius rock records. van halen and van halen ii are great.. but those three...

c'mon now.

This. And lol at those who think vh didn't write good songs. Just ridiculous.

• Members

be it good or bad, when you hear Van Halen, you KNOW its Van Halen, regardless of it being DLR, Sammy, or Gary on Vocals.

I blame it as much on Alex as I do on Eddie, those guys provided a very unique sound, which simply put does not happen in popular music any more.

As soon as you hear the first note from the band you KNOW its Van Halen.

I love VH, all eras. As a guitar player, I think Eddie's leads are terrible. But His riffs are awesome and still sound great today.

Archived