Does anyone here NOT like Van Halen?

Nerine

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am 45 and pretty much grew up at the same time they were getting big. I was a huge music fan but always disliked VH, of course I knew Eddie was great and never really disliked him but thought DLR was a big doofy clown. Of course there were always a couple of tunes I dug but never enough to buy an album. Fast forward to about a year or two ago, I started picking up a majority of their catalog. I enjoy it alot more now thats for sure. I also never got into RUSH until the last couple of months as I began picking up their catalog and enjoying that as well. I listen to alot of music at work that I never really got into before just because I am getting stuff really cheap and looking for things I casually like but never gave enough time to. Now it's time.

• Members

Not really, no. Telephant beat me over the head with the latest album, so I feigned positivity so I didn't end up being sodomized the entire night by EVH and DLR, aka DPVH. But no, not really a fan.

Are you thinking you are safe from the sodomy?

• Members

Honestly, Nerine, I think I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan. I like a few songs, but not most of his work. I believe he was a huge influence on guitar players everywhere and continues to be, but I'm not big on VH music.

• Members
I updated my iPhone today and removed all Van Halen tracks from it.

I think I have to say that I am just not a fan. Never really have been.

I think the songs kill it for me. Like very few of them.

There's no denying Eddies influence on guitar playing, but even so, I still feel a bit 'meh' about it all.

Don't really care that much for it.

Anyone else not an avid VH fan?

I can stomach them somewhat with Sam. But the DLR era VH just annoys me.

• Members
I'm a fan, and still listen, to Van Hagar. I like VH III. Come at me bros!

I think I started appreciating DLR back in '04 when I had this whole VH phase (songwriting and rhythm, I fail ay leads). I might try going deeper on the DLR catalog.

So yeah, I like 'em.

But that's because you come from the 3rd world :o

:p

• Members

Their new album entered the official U.K. chart at position No. 6. Somebody there likes them.
:cop:

They also like bad euro pop, I can't account for taste or lack of it.

Joking apart van Halen have never been so popular on the uk. It was always bans a bit rougher like AC/DC and Iron Maiden.

• Members

They also like bad euro pop, I can't account for taste or lack of it.

Joking apart van Halen have never been so popular on the uk. It was always bans a bit rougher like AC/DC and Iron Maiden.

:lol:

The only think rougher about AC/DC is Brian Johnson's sandpaper voice. :lol:

Archived