July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the link:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__-1_10052_10002_638402?cm_sp=Homepage+Hero-_-072809-_-Fender+Stratacoustic

587108.jpg

Edit: Thanks to George Jetson for pointing out the discount code!

A lot of people kind of hate these guitars and I would agree they're not really fish nor fowl. But for something a bit odd and different and kind of fun with light strings, they're OK. I wouldn't buy one until/unless you already have a good electric and a good acoustic...but...

The price is a downright steal.

I have avoided the Stratacoustic for a long time with little effort. But for $110 shipped...may be time to add one...It shouldn't be hard to unload it on Craigslist or whatever for within $10 of what you paid if/when it comes to that...

• Members

Here's the link:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__-1_10052_10002_638402?cm_sp=Homepage+Hero-_-072809-_-Fender+Stratacoustic

587108.jpg

Edit: Thanks to George Jetson for pointing out the discount code!

if you sign up and go through cashbaq.com you can get another 5% back + $5 for signing up. I signed up when I bought the michael kelly acoustic deal. The 5% back is pending. Don't have any other experience with the site, might be a huge scam, but thought you guys might like to know.

• Members

I ordered one of the Stratacoustics as well... I have a black one already from when they made these in the late 90s that I think were a little better quality, but these are nice to play around and have a decent sound plugged in.

If you are getting one to play unplugged... well, they are nice and quiet :)

Edit- I just realized, my old one has Fishman electronics and the new ones have Fender... I can't really speak to how they sound plugged in.

• Members
AudioMidi is offering the Line6 Toneport KB37 for $149.42, which is about half off of street price. Recording & modeling interface with Line 6 tone for guitar, bass, and keyboard. Features 2 mic inputs, 2 Guitar/Bass Inputs, and Stereo line inputs. HERE"S THE LINK

lin_tpkb37_sm.jpg

Edit: The Toneport KB37 was relaunched as the POD

• Members
AudioMidi is offering the Line6 Toneport KB37 for $149.42, which is about half off of street price. Recording & modeling interface with Line 6 tone for guitar, bass, and keyboard. Features 2 mic inputs, 2 Guitar/Bass Inputs, and Stereo line inputs. HERE"S THE LINK

lin_tpkb37_sm.jpg

• Members

Does this come with the Line6 Guitar Port (
) built it? Can you access and download the tracks from the Line 6 website (
)? Any personal experiences?

I have the plain toneport. I like it alot. You have to purchase the add ons. There are many add ons available. I just use the basic tones which are extensive.

• Members

Obviously not mine.

270031.jpg
^^Stock musiciansfriend photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160352401654&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

If you are in the market for what appears to be a decent Semi-hollow this Peavey JF-1EX for $225 seems like a decent deal (usually goes for $300). I've been watching it for a few days now and just can't seem to justify it. Pull the trigger on it before I cave in. :lol:

• Members

lin_tpkb37_sm.jpg

• Members

Question? Do the Stratocoustics fit in a regular molded Strat case?

I doubt it very seriously- I guess it would depend on the exact case, but the bodies on these are substantially thicker than a Strat (~3 inches thick).

• Members

Obviously not mine.

270031.jpg
^^Stock musiciansfriend photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160352401654&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

If you are in the market for what appears to be a decent Semi-hollow this
Peavey JF-1EX for $225
seems like a decent deal (usually goes for $300). I've been watching it for a few days now and just can't seem to justify it. Pull the trigger on it before I cave in.
:lol:

As a JF-2 owner (same guitar, except with a Bigsby-style tail and sparkly finish), I gotta say jump on this if you don't already have a good 335 copy! At $225, you will not regret it. The mini-buckers on these guitars sound AMAZING.

• Members

lin_tpkb37_sm.jpg

• Members

Just ordered mine and yes it is compatible with the functionality at
. The CSR told me that there are only 8 left.

I think the question is: If you have a Variax guitar and this item, can toss/sell your Variax "workbench" pack. Or do you still need that stupid guitar-to-usb interface box that comes with the workbench? If you can toss the workbench, you can probably get $70-80 for it on eBay and offset the price of this unit by half...

Archived