July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members
Any thoughts on what one you'd rather have- Jazz or Jaguar?

:idk:.. I did read the reviews on the Jaguar Bass & it may have some substandard electronics. Quite a few people mentioned buzzing/noise & also pops when they bumped the battery compartment. I know some people noted less than stellar wiring on the Jaguar HH guitar & more buzzing than you'd expect from a humbucker equipped guitar. The playability seems to be good though.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the Jaguar Bass special. I just got one in red (no shipping for the amp, either!). I have a new Highway One Jazz bass I'll sell if this one's more fun. Any thoughts on what one you'd rather have- Jazz or Jaguar?

Either way, another nice call-in special was the Guyatone Mdm5 Micro Digital Delay
regular $199, call-in $119. Tempting.

I had a JagBass, but returned it in lieu of a Jazz only because I thought it was really neck heavy (like a weight in my left hand). However, it is an awesome bass and it was a painful return.

• Members
:idk:
.. I did read the reviews on the Jaguar Bass & it may have some substandard electronics. Quite a few people mentioned buzzing/noise & also pops when they bumped the battery compartment. I know some people noted less than stellar wiring on the Jaguar HH guitar & more buzzing than you'd expect from a humbucker equipped guitar. The playability seems to be good though.

Thanks:thu: I have a jaguar HH and Baritone HH, they're both static/buzzing monsters but I've gotta say, they sound good and feel great.

• Members

I just called and I was assured that the Jag Bass indeed DOES come with the B-Dec. He said he was sure and that if I bought it he would insure that I got both.

I've had two reps tell me otherwise. The best one could do was 10% off. We need a list of cool reps and their phone extensions.

I'll go for this deal if I can get the bass and the amp, but as it is I don't own a bass amp. I can't afford the B-DEC at $299.

• Members

Keep calling back. I just got an Olympic White w/ amp for $499 shipped. My son ordered the "red hot red" one earlier this morning. They first told him the amp was not part of the Friday deal but he bought it anyway. I told him to call back and the CSR he got the second time appologized added the amp with no shipping.

They'll also knock 10% off a Fender Mustang Case = $134.10 :bor:

Thanks for the heads up guys!

• Members

I just called and I was assured that the Jag Bass indeed DOES come with the B-Dec. He said he was sure and that if I bought it he would insure that I got both.

Mine said basically the same thing,except he did not know if the Amp was shipped separate by Fender.

time will tell.

• Members
:facepalm: Damn this thread.

I just ordered two (Red and Burst) and got two of the DEC things included free. dude, gave me dirt cheap shipping to Canada if I bought gold coverage for less than what it would have cost to ship one set of amp and bass anyway.

Also they had these in black for $399:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056

You have to ask about that price.

• Members

Thank you guys. Picked up a red with the amp! Don't need another bass nor amp but I am itching for the hot rod red jag!

Also picked up a few tele parts for 10% off. Selector switch and Seymour duncan bridge pickup. All for 607 out the door. What a steal!

p.s. My bank account hates you guys.

• Members

SO what is the deal, then...?

Sorry, I wasn't even really paying attention. I was so disappointed that it wasn't the bass anymore. It was a guitar (not a bass) that is reg. $999 now $499. Yeah, I dropped the ball on that.

• Members

So the Fender Friday deal just changed from a Bass to a Guitar? I don't really want to walk fifteen minutes to a phone, wait an hour for the phone, then wait another fifteen minutes to get through unless I know. So, what the current deal be please? You guys are like my crack dealers.

Thanks.

• Members

Sorry, I wasn't even really paying attention. I was so disappointed that it wasn't the bass anymore. It was a guitar (not a bass) that is reg. $999 now $499. Yeah, I dropped the ball on that.

Yup they changed the deal! But it's almost as good. It is a strat, but let's specify the model:

Road Worn 60s 3 Tone Strat (NOT the white one and they will not give you this color at this price)

499.99. WOW. Seems like Fender Friday is back on track again after a few weeks of blah...

...but unfortunately just dropped a grand today cause i bought both deals.

• Members

...but unfortunately just dropped a grand today cause i bought both deals.

Got you beat brother. Almost 1700 bucks in the last week or so through this thread alone. Just got the Roadworn myself. Surprisingly short line at the phone place so I had no time to talk myself out of it.

I'm most likely gonna need to find somewhere to live when I redeploy.

• Members

Got you beat brother. Almost 1700 bucks in the last week or so through this thread alone. Just got the Roadworn myself. Surprisingly short line at the phone place so I had no time to talk myself out of it.

I'm most likely gonna need to find somewhere to live when I redeploy.

I feel you.

Archived