November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think the Deans come with a very nice HS Case,But 40 still sounds like a typo.
:confused:

40 is probably the dimensional weight. for oversized packages, ups calculates charges based on a certain weight. so even if box is 4lbs, if it exceeds a certain dimension, it is treated as if its (IIRC) 40lbs.

they are usually lenient with guitars as they are barely over the limit. but bass players get screwed everytime they ship guitars.

• Members

Amazon Gold Box Deal - Schecter BlackJack Electric Guitar V-1, Black - $399

($750 @ MF)

No, $750@MF gets you the upscale "ATX" version w/ active pickups and ebony fingerboard. Still that was a good deal on the passive pickup / rosewood neck version if you can look past that "21" inlay.

• Members

Fender Friday taken off MF site.

I was just on the phone with MusiciansFriend for something else and the CSR mentioned that Fender Fridays have indeed ended, but that they are being replaced with something called "First Act Fridays". He said they will have multiple First Act guitars available for "under $300, some as low as $200, with dual pups and solid wood bodies, and up to 40% off retail list." So you may want to call in and find out about those tomorrow.

• Members
I was just on the phone with MusiciansFriend for something else and the CSR mentioned that Fender Fridays have indeed ended, but that they are being replaced with something called "First Act Fridays". He said they will have multiple First Act guitars available for "under $300, some as low as $200, with dual pups and solid wood bodies, and up to 40% off retail list." So you may want to call in and find out about those tomorrow.

First Act guitars under $300... :rolleyes:

• Members

April Fools in November?

• Members

Amazon Gold Box Deal - Schecter BlackJack Electric Guitar V-1, Black - $399

($750 @ MF)

I have seen these pop up recently at GC for the same price. Plus, the Villa Park, IL had one that someone took about a 1/2" gouge out of the front finish (not down to the wood, though) for $249...

• Members

I didn't even know that First act made Road Worn guitars......:poke:

• Members
Just spoke to a CSR at MF who told me tomorrow's fender friday special is a geddy lee jazz bass with a free B-dec for $799.

So it looks like fender friday is not dead yet.

That's actually been on the list of sale items for a while...but maybe they're making it the deal for in the morning...:idk:

• Members

Just spoke to a CSR at MF who told me tomorrow's fender friday special is a geddy lee jazz bass with a free B-dec for $799.

Just called in this morning and FF is in fact the Geddy Lee JB.

Good news is, FF still exists. Maybe a better deal next week.

Cheers.

• Members
Just called in this morning and FF is in fact the Geddy Lee JB.

Good news is, FF still exists. Maybe a better deal next week.

Cheers.

That's a pretty decent deal, actually... a $1500 bass plus a $300 amp for $800. :thu:

& thanks for confirming the special; I've sent it on to my bass player who's been looking for a new axe anyways.

• Members

Any word on the First Act Friday deal???

They have this guitar for $399, and it comes with a First Act Gigbag, an instrument cable, two picks, a Tyvek strap, and replacement D and A strings, along with an instruction manual and a reduced price subscription to Rolling Stone. Supposedly, the accessories are a $220 list price value by themselves. According to First Act, the neck is attached to the body by two solid metal bolts for extra stability. The girl on the phone said it looks just like a Gibson Les Paul in person.

I suspect a lot of people will hit it.

10-695-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage-th

I will also note that GoingToday.com has, today, previously boiled guitar strings for only $3.99/pack + $5 shipping. Per their description:

GoingToday does it for you again! We have previously boiled guitar strings at a ridiculously good price! Previously boiled guitar strings are perfectly good guitar strings that have been removed from quality guitars, boiled to bring them back to life, then hermetically sealed to lock in freshness. Some of these strings have been on the guitars of very famous players, although our arrangement with the processing company does not allow us to reveal names. String manufacturers will vary, but some packages will contain expensive strings such as Elixer Nanos (please note: coating condition is not guaranteed for boiled strings) and GHS Boomers. String distribution is random, so some packs may not contain all string gauges or a full set from the same manufacturer. Order multiple packs to ensure a full set of strings. At our crazy blowout price of $3.99/pack + flat rate $5 shipping, you can afford to.

Guitar_strings.jpg

• Members
They have this guitar for $399, and it comes with a First Act Gigbag, an instrument cable, two picks, a Tyvek strap, and replacement D and A strings, along with an instruction manual and a reduced price subscription to Rolling Stone. Supposedly, the accessories are a $220 list price value by themselves. According to First Act, the neck is attached to the body by two solid metal bolts for extra stability. The girl on the phone said it looks just like a Gibson Les Paul in person.

I suspect a lot of people will hit it.

10-695-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage-th

Thanks for the post. I am first in line.:thu:

• Members

First Act Friday? This has got to be a joke right? I have been lurking here for ages. Great forum and great thread, albeit the deals are a bit weak so far this month. My guess is venders are holding back for Black Friday deals.

As for the MF First Act guitar it's $79.99 at First Act, so that must be one hell of a value pack MF is throwing in. I wouldn't hit that guitar at $79 much less $399 ( I might hit it with a sledge hammer for free ). And I am not even a First Act hater. I actually own a Paul Westerberg. Just my 2 cents.

http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStore/product/Double-Cutaway-Electric,695,176.aspx

Peace
Jack

• Members

That's some bull{censored} righ there. I called a few weeks ago and they gave me some song and dance about that deal being a no-go. I told them someone had just ordered it that day.

Archived