November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction. :rolleyes:

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

Did I mention:

NO SPAM!!:mad:

Also, there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a seperate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

NEW: NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD! There's a NEW seperate thread for only Craigslist deals that you find and want to post about.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll kick us off!

Fender Starcaster acoustic. $67 after coupon code TCHOLYD1. Normally sells for $150.

http://www.target.com/Fender-Starcaster-Acoustic-Guitar-Pack/dp/B000VO6DBU

414WkH01WbL._AA400_.jpg

Anyone know anything about these guitars?

Try and beg your way into the Silver Creek + 20% off +$100 rebate deal, best $60 you'll ever spend (on guitar gear). The cheap Fender acoustic stuff is complete junk.

• Members

Try and beg your way into the Silver Creek + 20% off +$100 rebate deal, best $60 you'll ever spend (on guitar gear). The cheap Fender acoustic stuff is complete junk.

I was gonna say that, but I didn't want to insult the Silver Creek guitars by even mentioning them in the same paragraph.

Those Fender Starcaster acoustics are an insult to firewood.

• Members

Really - could we be a little more delicate here? Don't kill the messenger.

- w

Agreed, last month I stopped passing the "deals" I found because everytime I posted somebody would critic it or bash it if it was not the deal they expected....

Remember these deals may not help/appeal you, but they may help/appeal to somebody else...

• Members

Although some may be stating it a little indelicately, I will reiterate that you are not getting $150 worth of guitar with the Starcasters.

I bought one for $35 the last time Target blew them out, and it was worth that although it took quite a bit of work to make it playable.

• Members

Although some may be stating it a little indelicately, I will reiterate that you are
not
getting $150 worth of guitar with the Starcasters.

I bought one for $35 the last time Target blew them out, and it was worth that although it took
quite
a bit of work to make it playable.

I think this kind of comment is fine. It helps us as consumers. Diplomacy is appreciated.

- W

• Members

According to a source on some deal sites, the First Act Studio store in Boston has SFA Delia 540 and V-stack guitars for $50. In fact, almost everything (that is not custom) is $50. Please remove the temptation. I already have too many guitars.

The prices are not available online, so this is only for Boston area HC members.

pTRU1-5148045dt.jpg

• Members

Anyone in Boston feel like picking up a Delia for me? Will pay you for your trouble!

:wave:

According to a source on some deal sites, the First Act Studio store in Boston has SFA Delia 540 and V-stack guitars for $50. In fact, almost everything (that is not custom) is $50. Please remove the temptation. I already have too many guitars.

The prices are not available online, so this is only for Boston area HC members.

pTRU1-5148045dt.jpg

• Members

According to a source on some deal sites, the First Act Studio store in Boston has SFA Delia 540 and V-stack guitars for $50. In fact, almost everything (that is not custom) is $50.

I wonder if they are going out of business...

• Members

No one is killing the messenger. We are deflating the message. If you can't deal with THAT, then this is not the place for you.

I'm just asking for a little diplomacy. I think I'm old enough to figure out where I belong and don't belong. Why do you have to get so worked up?

- W

• Members

My only post on the topic.

When blanket statements are made like they are all "complete junk" and "insult to firewood", they sound like ranting along the lines of people who claim "all Squiers are crap", "plywood guitars are garbage", "First Act guitars are sold in Walmart so they must be terrible", etc. without anything to back them up or even an indication that you have owned one or even touched one.

I will elaborate on the one I had... The frets were very rough and so corroded that they looked like brass. The fretboard was extremely dry and as a consequence, the fret ends were very sharp. The stock strings were toneless and corroded. Finish flaws were evident but not excessive. Tuners were gritty.

After some elbow grease, it was a decent beater with thin but not unpleasant tone. Superior in almost every way to every Estaban I have laid eyes or hands on :poke:

With constructive criticism (and thick skins if your deal gets pooh-poohed), the Great Deals thread is a wonderful, magical place.

Archived