November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since there is such a big catfight going on over CL ads, I'm gonna add some fuel to the fire.

This is for Chicago area peeps. An Ibanez Artcore semi hollow with a practice amp of one type or another for $100. This is a steal! I want it, but I can't do it. I hope someone here can.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/1450366197.html

3k43m93p15O25Pc5S39b323958f384c2d1a98.jp

• Members

Since there is such a big catfight going on over CL ads, I'm gonna add some fuel to the fire.

This is for Chicago area peeps. An Ibanez Artcore semi hollow with a practice amp of one type or another for $100. This is a steal! I want it, but I can't do it. I hope someone here can.

That will be sold within an hour to a local.

• Members
Just got an email from SamAsh - Free Squier Mini-Strat (with built in speaker) with $250+ purchase.

No clue if this is any good, but it looks like it could be fun to mess around with at any rate. (Especially if you were planning on ordering something anyway)

news_freestrat_110309.jpg

If anyone gets one of these I'll make you an offer on it (a very low offer!)
Let me know, I want one to throw in the trunk of my car :thu:

• Members

If you ask me (nobody did), I think posting CraigsList ads in the Great Deals thread is kind of idiotic. Maybe 1% of the viewers will be affected by it, and most of them are already gear junkies trolling CraigsList like 10 times an hour.

It's always kind of a bummer to see the Great Deals thread be refreshed, only to click on it and it be some amp in Milwaukee.

Great Deals posts should be accessible to all forum members, no?

Absolutely agree 100%

how about it, Mazi ? :poke:

• Members

If you ask me (nobody did), I think posting CraigsList ads in the Great Deals thread is kind of idiotic. Maybe 1% of the viewers will be affected by it, and most of them are already gear junkies trolling CraigsList like 10 times an hour.

It's always kind of a bummer to see the Great Deals thread be refreshed, only to click on it and it be some amp in Milwaukee.

Great Deals posts should be accessible to all forum members, no?

That's a tough one. On the one hand, I like to be kept informed of all the deals out there, but on the other hand, CL deals are local. Sometimes the Cl deals are a great deal, just not to all of us in the US. Maybe we should have a new deals listing focused on regional deals "The Southern Deal Thread," "The New England Deal Thread," etc or maybe we could have a thread "CL Deals.". If not, I really see no alternative than to throw them all in here.

It does clutter up the thread, especially if you take a break from HCEG for a few days, then you have pages of *deals* to go through..

This is an organizational issue and I think it would be a good idea to hear the moderator's thoughts here..

• Members

Here is an actual deal:

Copied from the FX forum

Fullscale Guitar Online is having a 25% off sale through midnight on the 7th.

http://www.fullscaleonline.com/

Right now, in their "used gear" section, this ASAT Classic is marked @ $850.

I tried using the discount code @ checkout and it worked..... 25% off = $637.50 (+shipping maybe??) ... and thatis a pretty killer deal IMO. I wish I had a spare $650 laying around.

Either way, the coupon code is "GPNOV25" and it gets you 25% off your entire order @ Fullscale except for some items that are marked ineligible I think.

Worth checking out.

Suprised to see a message that's not bitching?

• Members

How about if we only allow CL listings if the guy who finds it is willing to buy it and ship it if someone here wants it? If I saw something I wanted to share but wasn't in a position to buy. I'd like to have someone here get it and that way I'd get to test it out. See if its correct and get an impartial agent to check it out.

• Members

How about if we only allow CL listings if the guy who finds it is willing to buy it and ship it if someone here wants it? If I saw something I wanted to share but wasn't in a position to buy. I'd like to have someone here get it and that way I'd get to test it out. See if its correct and get an impartial agent to check it out.

Dude, no. That's a bit much. If someone wants to arrange that, that's between forumites.

I don't mind the CL postings. Sure, they're hit or miss, but when they hit, it's awesome. If we don't let them in here, then you could prevent a forumite scoring on a good deal.

• Members

Amazon currently has the PRS SE Custom 22 Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst with Stoptail Bridge or Tremelo for $399 and The SE One in White or Tobacco Burst for $299.

Not a Gold Box deal...add to cart to see price.

http://www.amazon.com/PRS-Custom-Tobacco-Sunburst-Tremolo/dp/B002LE8JOW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1257359191&sr=1-9

• Members
Amazon currently has the PRS SE Custom 22 Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst with Stoptail Bridge or Tremelo for $399 and The SE One in White or Tobacco Burst for $299.

Not a Gold Box deal...add to cart to see price.

http://www.amazon.com/PRS-Custom-Tobacco-Sunburst-Tremolo/dp/B002LE8JOW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1257359191&sr=1-9

They also have the Purpleburst Allenders for $399...not my cup o' java, but it is the cheapest I have seen one new :cool:

Archived