November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
and use SIR impulse reverb for mastering anyway, so no loss.

Thanks.
I'm able to see it (and hopefully use it) in Wave Editor.
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/waveeditor/
It appears as a VST plugin. For some reason the Audio Unit format does not work on my Mac. The downside is that Wave Editor is not used for tracking and mixing, but at least now I can try the plugin :)

Thanks again.

• Members

Probably whatever outsource service they use for their mailing list.

What difference does it make? You ARE using a made-up email address just for this purpose, right? I mean, no one should be giving them an email address they actually use for general purpose; everyone should have one or more junk email accounts at Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail/whatever for stuff like this...

• Members

OK- we get it... you guys are not fans... I am sure Jon Bon Jovi cries himself to sleep every night knowing that HCEG is not contributing to his 120 million+ album sales.

Get on with your lives- geesh...

No. Obviously you dont get it at all. I made a simple joke about things not neccesarily being good just because they are free. I said nothing whatsoever about Bon Jovi, or whether I was a fan or not. There was no connection. I was talking about free doodoo. YOU must have somehow made the connection between the free doodoo and Bon Jovi.

OK. We can get on with our lives now.:wave:

• Members

Most of those listings say "AVAILABLE IN-STORE ONLY (NOT ONLINE)"

Does that mean they won't ship?

Not sure why it says that when you hit the buy-now option. Not even sure why they have a buy-now button as you ALWAYS have to call the actual store to arrange payment/shipping. I've never had an issue buying a used guitar from a far away GC and having them ship it.

And here's another nice cheapie:

105452120 SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC

USED YAMAHA ELECTRIC GUITAR BLK

Details

• Members

If you notice, we are only referring to the CE* line of guitars 99% of the time. These are not the ones you'll find in walmarts and such (those are the ME*). Those $49 CE*20 Lola's and Sheena's are every bit as good (and more often a good deal better) than say an Epiphone Special or Junior. They've got graphite nuts, good tuners/bridges, alinco 5 pickups, and the body is solid poplar (not plywood).

Are they graphite nuts? I always assumed they were plastic. Whatever they are I have no tuning issues on any of the First Acts I own.

• Members

Specs say graphite. They look to me like plastic, though.

My SFA sheena is definitely graphite as I did a bit of work on it and it definitely 'machined' like aftermarket graphite nuts I've worked on and nothing like plastic. I haven't gotten my little single pup Lola in yet, but it's supposed to be graphite and I'm pretty sure it will be.

I also expect to have to cut the slots a hair deeper AND remove a BUNCH of material from the top of the nut.

• Members

What was the code that one can use to call in to get the same $29.99 price? I want one of the Gibson and one of the Jackson ones.

afaik, that deal ended in september. I ordered some on the last day of september and the csr told me, this is the last day for this deal, it ends in september. Of course, they could be on special again for all i know.

The only ones they had left when i ordered at the end of september was (out of the ones that were on the "list" eligible for $29.99) were:

gretsch

jackson

pearl

zildjian

IF you talk to them on the phone and find out something different, I would like to know. They also said, that once they sold out of one, they would not get it again ( i guess they aren't making very much money on these).

I got a pearl and a zildjian one btw.

• Members

afaik, that deal ended in september. I ordered some on the last day of september and the csr told me, this is the last day for this deal, it ends in september. Of course, they could be on special again for all i know.

The only ones they had left when i ordered at the end of september was (out of the ones that were on the "list" eligible for $29.99) were:

gretsch

jackson

pearl

zildjian

IF you talk to them on the phone and find out something different, I would like to know. They also said, that once they sold out of one, they would not get it again ( i guess they aren't making very much money on these).

I got a pearl and a zildjian one btw.

Odd, they have all of those still in stock at MF but for much higher prices. I see a few others like Fender and LP (Latin Percussion) and a few other drum ones. Weird they would say they aren't going to be stocking these anymore when the first SDOTD they sold out of the Gibson USAs, Jacksons, and Epiphones, but somehow ordered more as they are still selling them albeit at either a $59-$100 price.

Archived