I sold my guitar on ebay...and dont wanna go through with it...

Brian May

• Members

The only time I ever neg anyone is then they cost me time or money, neither of which is at stake here. It's just business.

You don't think he wasted the buyer's time?

Bottom line is that there is no excuse for not honoring the auction. The seller had plenty of time to end the auction within the rules and he chose not to do so. Now it is too late and he just needs to see it through and maybe learn a valuable lesson...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
tell him your (insert female family member here) knocked it over and broke the headstock and refund him.

Yeah, that's what some {censored}bag did to me! It worked a treat. I rolled over like a bitch and took it. Now I feel dirty for not leaving negative feedback.

So do that. :rolleyes::mad:

• Members

On one hand, you agreed to sell the guitar for whatever bid won it.. So you need to send the guitar..

On the other hand, what can anyone do? You get a negative feedback.. So what? As long as you give back 100% of the funds, I see nothing wrong with it.

• Members
If you don't go through with your commitment, you will be a lying cheating deceitful

douche bag, who can never be trusted to keep his word.....ebay won't trust you, your feedback will go down.....if you tell anyone of this story, at best you will be considered wishy washy and not able to make a decision...any girlfriend you get will never trust you...

If there is a god...you will go straight to hell...and while my Dante's Inferno is a little rusty, one of the rungs in hell is reserved for people who go back on their word....people sent there for punishment are assigned to a big black guy wart infested ex con who specializes in busting out little punks like you....Satan will have to give you an anal transplant everyday, just so you can get raped again the next day...

Or if you don't care about any of this {censored}....refund the buyer his money, tell him you changed you mind, he's probably a lying homo like you anyway....and keep your guitar..

:lol::lol:

• Members

You don't think he wasted the buyer's time?

Bottom line is that there is no excuse for not honoring the auction. The seller had plenty of time to end the auction within the rules and he chose not to do so. Now it is too late and he just needs to see it through and maybe learn a valuable lesson...

The five minutes, at most, it took the buyer to win the auction and send a paypal?

Look, I'm not saying I approve of the OP's decision, and personally I'd just send the guitar. But I've sold about 30 in the last year and I don't get too attached to them. The only times I've ever done this were when the item turned out to be missing parts or non-functional. We all make mistakes and I'd rather risk some dick leaving me a neg then send him/her something that's defective. My customers understand that and thus far nobody's been a dick.

The point I'm trying to make is:

Assuming the payment has been returned in full, nobody lost money in this deal.

Assuming the buyer didn't knit a copy of the auction page into a sampler or carve it into teakwood, nobody invested a significant amount of time in this deal.

There are times when a sermon about "honor" and "manhood" is appropriate and good. But this is a very minor business deal whose outcome, at worst, is a mild inconvenience to both parties. It's not worth judging anyone's character over, easy as that may be when it's just a stranger on the internet.

• Members
The five minutes, at most, it took the buyer to win the auction and send a paypal?

Look, I'm not saying I approve of the OP's decision, and personally I'd just send the guitar. But I've sold about 30 in the last year and I don't get too attached to them. The only times I've ever done this were when the item turned out to be missing parts or non-functional. We all make mistakes and I'd rather risk some dick leaving me a neg then send him/her something that's defective. My customers understand that and thus far nobody's been a dick.

The point I'm trying to make is:

Assuming the payment has been returned in full, nobody lost money in this deal.

Assuming the buyer didn't knit a copy of the auction page into a sampler or carve it into teakwood, nobody invested a significant amount of time in this deal.

There are times when a sermon about "honor" and "manhood" is appropriate and good. But this is a very minor business deal whose outcome, at worst, is a mild inconvenience to both parties. It's not worth judging anyone's character over, easy as that may be when it's just a stranger on the internet.

Of course, you are right. I don't know what I was thinking. {censored} the eBay rules, sellers should do whatever they want with their items after the auction ends.

:thu:

• Members

... There are times when a sermon about "honor" and "manhood" is appropriate and good. But this is a very minor business deal whose outcome, at worst, is a mild inconvenience to both parties...

The problem is that you cannot state with certainty that there was only a "mild inconvenience" to the other party, as we have not heard his side of the story. How do we know that he has not missed out on something else after committing to this deal? Or that he has not earmarked the net of any funds he'd set aside for such a transaction?

I realize I'm just considering remote possibilities, but if any such is true then I'd hate to be the would-be buyer in this situation. And while you are well within your right to dismiss "honor" and "manhood" you should recognize that there are some who still value such, and (if they are anything at all as I am) are saddened and disheartened by the fact that so many here are so comfortable with deceit and dishonesty ...

• Members

I'd say send the guitar , you did waste the buyers time and money because he probably could have been looking at another purchase at the time instead of thinking he had found something already
and you might have messed up your chances at sales and trades here by your indecisions,i wouldn't wanna send you a guitar or money and then you decide you dont wanna trade or sell anymore?!
nothing's more important than a man's word.
you have 8 other guitars so honor your word and play your other guitars!

• Members

Selling something on ebay is a contract. Just as he agreed to buy your guitar by bidding, you agreed to sell it by listing it. I can't believe this is even a question and I am even more astounded that anyone is proposing that you not follow through.

Send the guy his guitar he bought and paid for, and only list items you want to sell- PERIOD.

Archived