I sold my guitar on ebay...and dont wanna go through with it...

Brian May

• Members

I once bought a guitar off of Hitler on ebay.

Bastard changed his mind.

I had him killed by a Mafia hood, played by Robert De niro.

Or was it a dream?

:thu:

Then Tommy DeVito killed DeNiro but not before asking him..I'm funny like what a clown? Funny ha ha or is youse laughing at me. BA DA BOOM!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think if the seller seemed genuine, and explained that they had auctioned a much loved item in times of financial need, which had then been sorted, I dont think I'd have a problem with accepting that at face value provided it all got sorted.

I wouldn't enjoy a guitar that I had bought from someone who was in a bind, and then a way was found for them to keep it, but I took it anyway because I had a legal right to do so.

Not my style.

• Members

I think if the seller seemed genuine, and explained that they had auctioned a much loved item in times of financial need, which had then been sorted, I dont think I'd have a problem with accepting that at face value provided it all got sorted.

I wouldn't enjoy a guitar that I had bought from someone who was in a bind, and then a way was found for them to keep it, but I took it anyway because I had a legal right to do so.

Not my style.

I agree. My problem is with the guys who think it's okay for the seller to just make the decision without asking the buyer or lie about it and say the guitar was broken or something.

• Members

But what is your ebay id?

My Ebay ID is sojourner-music-traders

I don't care who knows it. I have a great reputation built over 8+ years of honest and fair dealing. I have never gotten "screwed" as a buyer, but I have had bad experiences as a seller- and yes, I've had people email me and say "Hey, I bid on this, and I really can't afford it- I made a mistake." and I've let it go, moved on. There are more buyers out there, and I didn't worry about some schmuck that had an itchy trigger finger and too many beers the night before. Ebay refunds my listing fee and I re-list. NO harm, no foul. Yes, those people BROKE EBAY RULES :eek: but I don't think that makes them UNETHICAL or DISHONEST in all areas of their life like so many have projected in this thread. In a perfect world, none of this would ever happen, but it's not a perfect world and there are punishments to not following EBAY rules....issued by EBAY, so that's how it should be handled. I for one would NOT hold it against someone if they changed their mind and refunded my money, and in the same breath if I had a beloved instrument and found a way to meet my financial needs another way, I see nothing wrong with telling someone the circumstances have changed and the deal is OFF. But I'm a little more flexible than most people here- and flexible in my world does not equate to dishonest or unethical.

ANd Ebay rules cannot supercede state laws, I don't care what anyone thinks- the only thing EBAY can do to someone that doesn't follow their rules is disallow them from using the service or impose penalties for using it.

• Members

ANd Ebay rules cannot supercede state laws, I don't care what anyone thinks- the only thing EBAY can do to someone that doesn't follow their rules is disallow them from using the service or impose penalties for using it.

E-Bay rules can not supercede state laws, however, if as your profile states, you're in Ohio, auction laws are part of state law and they state that upon the conclusion of the auction (whether by auctioneer's gavel or other means) the sale is concluded. http://law.onecle.com/ohio/commercial-transactions-ohio-uniform-commercial-code/1302.41.html

Most states have exactly the same laws gained from the Uniform Commercial Code.

Now, if you want to continue discussing legality and the difference between a normal sales contract and an auction, we can do so.

As to the way YOU conduct your business, that's entirely up to you, but I won't be buying anything from you.

• Members

I agree. My problem is with the guys who think it's okay for the seller to just make the decision without asking the buyer or lie about it and say the guitar was broken or something.

I agree with ya there.. If both parties agree to break it, then break it. Lying about, that's low rent..

• Members

E-Bay rules can not supercede state laws, however, if as your profile states, you're in Ohio, auction laws are part of state law and they state that upon the conclusion of the auction (whether by auctioneer's gavel or other means) the sale is concluded.
http://law.onecle.com/ohio/commercial-transactions-ohio-uniform-commercial-code/1302.41.html

Most states have exactly the same laws gained from the Uniform Commercial Code.

Now, if you want to continue discussing legality and the difference between a normal sales contract and an auction, we can do so.

As to the way YOU conduct your business, that's entirely up to you, but I won't be buying anything from you.

Good, because I won't be selling anything to you. Win-win!

you_win_the_prize.jpg

Archived