Show Us your Marshall's

realtree71

• Members

sm-nice

Necro thread!

pJo7kgG.jpg

The only 1 I ever had . no longer have it sm-lava The volume knob/pot/adjustment broke, some how...stopped working , The shaft thing just kept on turning, wore out maybe ? It did sound pretty good. when it did work . I still have the lap thing, and use a Fender Mustang mini or Passport mini amp with it now, mostly . or the VHT or HIWATT not "bigger" amps with this thing...yet . The "sound" and "tone" wa also pretty good , imho , with a "regular" electric guitar too. Not super loud,, but it did sound ok , tone wise to me :) What do you think ?

I obtained a VHT "Special 6" amp for a "trade in" and a few bucks, not many :) VHT still works , sorry no pic's at the moment...soon, maybe .

guitar store guy said the volume knob thing was an "easy fix" I went back a week or so later , thing was gone . I should obtain a larger one. If anyone has seen photos of my "stuff" what model would you suggest. Yes , I'd like a 4 cabinet stack and head but not right now...Later maybe...so , what might be OK to annoy , but not blow out windows ? anyone ? thanks :)

:rawk::music014::idk:

link to "Special 6" I like a lot :)

http://www.vhtamp.com/products/the-s...pecial-6-combo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Special 6 works great with the 2x12 cabinet too. Oh yes it does sorry no pic at this time :( soon , maybe well, here is a pic of the 2x12 cabinet The thing can handle loud...well, loud enough for me. My youngest son said he could hear it one day when I opened the windows. He was 1/2 mile away

a few other amps I have "here" a few...others too, no pics of "others" yet :):( I'm quite satisfied with each one of these amps, today...really

ulGxF3w.jpg

I also use a couple of "Supro" pedals and use them with the Vaporizer. I believe they sound...well great :)

Do I need a Marshall amp ? What do you think ? If yes, which one(s) thanks :) have a few more , no pic's at this time 2x12 "Acoustic brand ", 1x12 Epiphone tweed another small Danelectro "Honeytone" , even a Hondo mini amp ,,,sounds great too...yo me :) Red Fender Frontman 25 sounds good to , no pic ::( . Epiphone "Century" no pic :( Do I "need" a Marshall ? maybe ?

• Members

CAn I just tell you about them? :confused2: I'm at teh work and don't have my phfotos readily available :(

Ok, then, soooo Marshall .......marshall, marshall ....... do I have any Marshalls?? :confused2:

Oh! :idea: ok I have a Marshall 1959S 100W superlead which is Marshall's very first reissue that came out in 1988. They only made 100 of them and it's based on the 1973 metal panel. The cool thing is, it sounds very vintage original and has Drake or Dagnall transformers, I forget which it is. The bad thing is, the mustard caps are gone. Still, it's a monster.

I did have a 2061X but I think I sold that one. I have a really top notch reproduction that is half built. I need to finish building the durn thing.

What else? Dang, I used to have a bunch of Marshalls, I mean a whole stack of them but I guess I sold them and forgot about it. :cry:

If I find any more in my closet or in the basement, I'll come back and poast about them. :0

• Members
My only Marshall ATM is a Class 5.

Here's my full review, with pics...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert...-5w-guitar-amp

Hey crustoleum, is that one of those Rogue lap steels? How do you like it?

I actually love it. It annoys my kids , righteously . When that "happens" , I know it's a great instrument. Reality it's great , really . I got a steel slide, has a "handle/grip" on the "top" it works , but need more slide things , made just for lap. I want one with hemispherical ends, but can't find online anyone ? ...need a link

It has a 4 "legged" stand, and a nice bag thing to put everything in 100 bucks not bad I can't play it for s..t , but online lessons , this coming winter will alleviate some of the boredom ya $100 reasonable imho It is the only lap thing I ever obtained fun for me need to learn "sleepwalk" or something work in progress. Phil , obtain one , its only like 99 bucks . I do bet you have spent 99 bucks on things that won't and didn't last as long .Am I wrong ? I don't believe I am... :) What do you think get one , and tell us OK Yes , I do enjoy messing with it , best noise maker ever with effects dig ? I bet you do :) really :) stays in tune :) that is always a +++ to me :)

W5oveCh.jpg

:)

I got a steel slide, has a "handle/grip" on the "top" it works , but need more slide things , made just for lap. I want one with hemispherical ends, but can't find online anyone ? ...need a link

There's a few different steel "bar" (or tonebar) designs. The rounded (sometimes called bullet) ended round nose ones are popular, but I've always found them a bit hard to hold and control.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dunlop-stainless-steel-pro-tonebar/425257000000117

The Shubb - Pearse has a grip built into it, and the end is rounded up, but not nearly as rounded as a round nose bar.

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Accessories/Capos_and_Slides/Shubb-Pearse_Guitar_Steel.html

Dunlop makes one with a grip but without the rounded end too...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dunlop-chrome-plated-brass-ergo-tonebar

...which is closer in design to the original classic Stevens bar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/golden-gate-stevens-steel-bar-for-resonator

I have one that a session player gave me years ago that is similar to a round nose bar, but it has a plexiglass curved grip attached to it that wraps over and around your finger so you never lose your grip on it. Unfortunately I've never seen another one like it - I think it was a prototype. I like it a lot.

Archived