Show Us your Marshall's

realtree71

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Not the best picture but here is my Haze 40. It's turned out to be a great gigging amp.

IMG00005.jpg

Hehehe.... I went through five of them. All burnt up or blew up on me. Lost faith in Marshall since. Minus the old UK built stuff. Before the Haze I had a Marshall HDFX100 stack. But that doesn't really count. I ended up keeping some of the foot switches too :p

But now THIS is my Marshall....and vox....and fender....
45189137815845639013047.jpg

• Members
Is that a Canadian 2204? It looks like a 1980 model year. Nice rig
:thu:

It's Canadian, but I'm unsure of the year. I should look up the serial number some time to find out. It's my backup, I was at the right place at the right time, long ago and got both for a great price. I believe the cabinet is a '74.

All these boutique amps etc etc. I don't know where I would begin. I've had the JCM800 since about 89, and the JMP since about 95. They say if it works, you stick with it, and I've been happy with both. I never understand these people constantly buying and selling the latest and greatest amp and pedal.

Whatever works I guess...

Wow I just realized my effects board is 22 years old!! I bought this new in 88, probably one of the first multi-FX pedals EVER.

BOSS ME-5
imageyy.jpg

Still use it, to this day, I put duct tape over the 2nd pedal as that turns the distortion on and off, and I didn't want to end up with a bunch of dirt and {censored} working it's way inside.

:idea:

:thu:

• Members

As much as I like my TSL60, the footswitch is monsterous, and considering that I only use it to switch channels, 2/5ths unnecessary. Unfortunately, since the footswitch jack is a weird 6 pin DIN plug, I can't just use a smaller generic footswitch.

So tonight, I did some soldering and made my own 6-pin DIN to TRS cable, which hooks into a Boss FS-6 so I can switch between the 3 channels. Much smaller, the cable isn't stiff like a frozen garden hose, and cheaper/easier to replace if anything goes wrong.

tslfootswitch2.jpg

• Members
As much as I like my TSL60, the footswitch is monsterous, and considering that I only use it to switch channels, 2/5ths unnecessary. Unfortunately, since the footswitch jack is a weird 6 pin DIN plug, I can't just use a smaller generic footswitch.

So tonight, I did some soldering and made my own 6-pin DIN to TRS cable, which hooks into a Boss FS-6 so I can switch between the 3 channels. Much smaller, the cable isn't stiff like a frozen garden hose, and cheaper/easier to replace if anything goes wrong.

tslfootswitch2.jpg

hey well done mate ,i`ve got a tsl 100 head and i`m totally cheesed with the footswitch cable, mine is still working ok , but like you say they are a pain and i only need the switch for changing between the three channels ,could you post up or PM me a "which wire goes where diagram" .how do you get the third channel since the FS-6 has only two switches.thanks

• 6 years later...

Archived