Show Us your Marshall's

realtree71

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

how do you like that 20 watt? I've always had gas for that head...
:thu:

I like it a lot. I had always has GAS for one as well, and one came up on the local CL. It's my first amp where I can get and use real power tube distortion, and for me that's a great thing. It got a classic sound - like AC/DC, Zep, and Hendrix, cleans up with the volume knob on the guitar.

It's not the most versatile amp, I haven't figured out how to get a really high gain sound out of it. (Though it boosts just fine). It's also pretty loud, about 75% as loud as a 50W amp and really needs to be turned up to give the goods.

• Members

You know what I find weird? Years ago (ten or so ago) all I ever heard was Marshall this and Marshall that (about how great they were) but now I hardly ever hear them referred to as, "the best" like I used to. It's all Diesel this, Herbert that (etc), now it would seem.

Totally agree. I think two things happened at once. The boutique movement started at the same time the JCM-900s were on the market. I don't think there's a tube Marshall that's more disliked than the 900.

The JCM 2000s, especially the DSL, did a ton to restore my faith in Marshall

Archived