Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Members

So, so sorry to hear of your troubles... Sounds like things are getting a little clearer, and once you know what you're dealing with you're better equipt to fight it, right? Your son sounds like a strong lad, and you're obviously a great father, so you've got loads of good mojo on your side already... Sending more just in case!

Keep strong. Thinking of boobies ALWAYS helps!

James.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My little boy broke his arm about two years ago when he was three, and had to stay in hospital in traction for three weeks. That really ripped me up at the time but I can't even imagine facing what you're going through.

Best wishes and good luck to Dustball, you and your family.

• Members

Hi folks,

Just a Dustball update for 8-23-06.

We are still in the ICU.

He was feeling better for the last few days even though the docs had been watching some blood clotting he has going on. His pain levels were much lower and they had reduced the morphine drip several times. He had not been using his pain button for an instant push of pain meds at all over the weekend and through most of Monday.

Monday evening he started to have some pain in his bones which is a side effect of the chemo. Tuesday they took him down for a bone scan to try to see to what extent the cancer is in his bones. I have not heard these results yet.

Tuesday evening they gave him the chemo chemical they were afraid to give on Friday and again on Monday because of his clotting issues. It finally got to a point where they had to give the treatment whether or not his body had taken care of the clots.

This may have been the most difficult thing I have had to look at in a long time. 4 shots (2) in each thigh with needles long enough to get into deep muscle tissue. 4 doctors and 1 nurse holding his feet. All 4 shots at the same time. Jesus.

He had another chemo injected into his IV port and yet another set up as an IV drip that looked like neon orange antifreeze. Disturbing but, if this stuff is as effective as it looks like it should be it'll be killing all kinds of cancer cells.

He still sweats through 4 sets of sheets a day and has for a week even though his temp is below normal. And now he has this bone pain everywhere. He says " this {censored} is making me weak" and it looks like it.

As bad as that all sounds the doctors are not only talking about a move from ICU but a move HOME! Soon! So the next day or two could mean Dustball is going to be in his newly overhauled room figuring out riffs.

BTW if anyone was at the Allman Brothers show in NJ last night and happened to pre order the live CD they offer of the show...I'll pay you for a good burn of it. I know he was bumming big-time because he missed it. Derek Trucks is a hero of his. (SG fund has already been started).

I want to continue my thanks for all of the support and prayers we have been getting from this forum. You are all top notch.

I'll keep you all posted right here in this thread.

Peace out

Kev

Archived