Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fan-Effin-Tastic!!! I haven't seen this thread for a while but its so good to see that your Son has achieved all that he could have hoped for while he was fighting for his life. Thank God for the Dr's & Nurses and all the medical knowledge they can apply. I followed your thread as I fought my own battle with Leukemia. I was just turning 50 yrs old when diagnosed with acute APL and I remember thinking that I was so glad it was me and not my 18 yr old son who got that dreaded diagnosis. I'm sure you would have traded places with your Son in an instant if you could have. Your Son is blessed in many ways including having a devoted Father who battled with him side by side, step by step. I'm now in year 3 of remission, still go for blood work, but only every 4 months and bone marrow biopsies annually until year 5. My life was saved by the Dr's at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital & the Cancer Institute of NJ in New Brunswick. Congratulations to Dustin & you.

• Members
Dustball

Ready to fight.

NewSparkleeGuitar2.jpg

Man i miss my long hair it was so metal, haven't seen an old one like this in so long, But anyway i wanted to say thanks for all the mojo and prayers guys, i just started getting hooked on HC and found the so very much spoken about thread my pops posted, as per last update he gave you all i'm in remission from all of my cancers, {censored} YES. Some longterm effects from the Chemo and all the steroids tho, i now have developed some Osteonecrosis in my left hip knee and shoulder, it hurts and i have no insurance, but hey i guess that's ok because i'm here right? just more BS to deal with tho. I am now just trying to get my life back on track, i need a {censored}ing job!

• Members
Man i miss my long hair it was so metal, haven't seen an old one like this in so long, But anyway i wanted to say thanks for all the mojo and prayers guys, i just started getting hooked on HC and found the so very much spoken about thread my pops posted, as per last update he gave you all i'm in remission from all of my cancers, {censored} YES. Some longterm effects from the Chemo and all the steroids tho, i now have developed some Osteonecrosis in my left hip knee and shoulder, it hurts and i have no insurance, but hey i guess that's ok because i'm here right? just more BS to deal with tho. I am now just trying to get my life back on track, i need a {censored}ing job!

Good to read you - we've all been hoping you'd get better, and you have!!!! :)

Sorry abot the side effects, but I guess being here makes it a hell of a lot more bearable.
You sure need to get a job - then you can moan about the crappy job you'll have....
:lol:
I know that's what I do!!!! :)

Again - nice to read you. Take care! :thu:

• Members

Great to hear that you've improved so much and hope that everything continues in the same vein. As far as your job situation -- you've lots of company there (including my son), so just hang in there. Things will get better eventually.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • Members

I am replying to this thread for the first time in many years. 

I don't even know if most of those who posted in here are still around. I know I don't stop in often myself.

August 5, 2017 we lost Dustin.

I'm f-'d up.

He was 27. The story is longer and more painful than anything posted prior to this. I miss him every single minute of every single day.

Over 2 years later and I am just now getting to the point where I can listen to music again. Everything I like, Dustin liked. Everything I hear reminds me of him. 

Anyway, this thread really helped both of us through some genuinely crappy times. I'll never forget all this community did for me and my boy.

To those of you who I am still connected with on FB or elsewhere, expect to hear new music from me soon. I have to do something positive or ill explode..

Respectfully,

Kevman

Archived