Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is really terrible news. I am really upset by this. You always talk about you son in your posts and from everything I've seen of him he's a great guy. Bad things shouldn't happen to such good people. Dustin is about the same age as I am and I can't imagine what it must be like for him. Keep us updated, please.

Richard.

• Members

No news today:(

Hard as hell.

Went into his lungs today to get fluid out to send of for testing. Pneumonia sucks.

Took more bone marrow to send for testing.

Lost another IV line today and they stuck him 3 more times to find another good vane. Poor kid has bad vanes, Looks like a pin cushion, all bruised and sore.

He is watching wedding crashers right now though and it's awesome to hear him laugh.

I will update you all later on. Hopefully we will have a course of treatment set soon so my bud can commence to kicking this f-ing thing's ass.

Thanks for all the mojostrengthprayersjuju and anything else you can send along. I can use it but, Dustball can use it more.

Peace out,

Kev

• Members

I can't explain how I feel knowing whats happening to you and Dustball, much less imagine what you guys are going through. Best of luck to all of you, you will be in my thoughts tonight and until he gets better. If theres anything any of us can do, be sure to post it and I will personally do what I can to help, and I'm sure most here will do the same.

• Members

Mojo sent!

It makes me really uncomftorable thinking about how young people such as myself can get serious deadly diseases. Best of luck to your family and may he have a speedy recovery.

Keep us informed on his status. If he gets better I would like to post an image, though I don't want to offend any by posting it if your son is still in pain.

• Members

I wish I could say something to make it all better. I'm sure you have a feeling of helplessness. I went thru a long battle with my father with cancer, and I know it can tear you apart.

As a parent myself, I can't think of anything worse than having to fight this battle with a child. It just does not seem fair at all. It really is not in the natural order for a parent to go thru this.

On a positive note, his youth may be a redeeming factor. My recommendation is to get as much info as you can, regularly question the medical folks, push the insurance people to the max, and proactively fight this. Sometimes the people who you trust to take your best interest don't always come thru. Stay aggressive. The squeaky wheels always get's the grease.

I certainly will have you in my prayers, and let us know how this is working out.

Archived