Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ and OFG... I don't have words.

It's amazing when you give. But when you give a part of yourself....

Wow!

When I see something like this, I always wonder. Is it ordinary people doing amazing things or amazing people doing ordinary things!

I know you didn't ask but blessings on you both.

And a special blessing to Dustball.

:):thu:

• Members

This is tragic.

There's so many medical advances out there: alternative therapies some cutting edge methods -you must find the best method and the best people to help your son beat this cancer and heal. But Remember it's not easy -some Doctors or no better than some GC slalesmen -shucking whatever horsecrap the big pharmceutical companies are pushing. Clearing out inventory.

My prayers for you and your son to fight this and win.

• Members

Man I'm very sorry. No one should have to go through anything like this.

I did some reading and found that with treatment, 80% of adults achieve complete remission and 30 to 50 percent are cured of at least one major kind of Leukemia. It also says the probable outcome for children is even better than for adults! Immediate treatment is absolutely mandatory, so it sounds like you are doing the right thing. I hope you have good doctors. Kick their ass as required.

It certainly sounds like there is a lot of basis for some major hope for beating this damned thing! I wish strength for your son, for you, and for your family in fighting this battle. Please keep us posted.

• Members

Ok, Update time.

Tuesday we went back to the hospital for some more chemo. It sucks. He did ask for a steak dinner though so later in the afternoon we ate at the Outback so he could get a chunk of cow. Nice.

That's been about it for appetite though. He does not feel much like eating. The chemo has him feeling like {censored}. Yesterday he was feeling a little better but apparently his hair has started to let go. This has him in a serious funk.

Today and tomorrow I will be putting a killer 45 gallon fishtank set-up in his room. He has expressed an interest in raising cichlids (Jack Dempseys or Oscars in particular) so, I am making that happen.

The bottom of his SG fund bucket is covered over but still have a long way to go on that one.

I organized and re-arranged his room the other night while he hung out in my room. It is much more open and not so cluttered now.

Continue with your praying and strength sending and MOJO-ing and anything else you can send. This kid needs to stay positive. Thats my only function right now...Trying to keep the boy in fighting condition. Where his body is getting weak we have to keep his mind strong.

If any of you guys come across anything cool as far as cards go and want to send him some words of encouragement please PM me. If you come across any cool "do-rags" pick one up I'll pay ya for cool tiedyed ones or like skulls or something hip.

I know how good he felt when he got mail from JJ. Not that I would expect anything like that from anyone else but, I honestly think the gesture made him feel better than getting the guitar. Really.

Anyway I need to get going to home depot to get some more organization stuff. Trying to kind of re-do the music room so it is comfy enough for him to spend some time in. Hate it that he spends so much time in his room.

Anyway here are a couple of happytime pics. What a kickass kid.

44c97319.jpg

bb2755d2.jpg

2d9443e1.jpg

He is too cool with his brother and sister. They are lucky kids.

e1873cef.jpg

Peace out.

Archived