Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Kev - not forgotten you guys. It's a b*stard when things get your kids and you can't fix it. Prolly don't need to say it, but do keep close to the mrs. too - it's easy to get pushed apart with this kind of pressure, but it'll do both you and dustball good to see you two strong together.

Still praying.

Toni

• Members

Bro-I wish I was better with words so I could express my pain for your son & your family.

I've been down that road with the chemo in my family as well so it always hurts when I hear of it, but kids always hit deeper. It has brought tears to my eyes just to think of your families pain.

It WILL be OK. Things WILL work out for your son.

I'm send the most positive energy your way along with my prayers for all of you.

God bless you brother.

Joe

• Members

Dude,

Third time now.

"This user's mailboxes are currently full, and cannot be sent any messages until they are cleaned out. An email has been sent notifying the user of this. Please try your request at a later time."

Still full dude. RudeMood has my info. He will be happy to forward it to you. I thank you for wanting to do anything. If you want to send tunes...I Know Dustball is looking forward to getting some North Mississippi Allstars and or Govt. Mule soon.

Peace out kiddo.

• Members

Dude, I know what having a loved one go through cancer is... up to the point of losing them. And I do know it sucks.
After a quick scan through the thread, though, your kid seems to be doing pretty good, all things considered. That is very cool.

You don't know me, but you have my sympathy... have some south american mojo sent your way....

• Members

Kev,
I just ran across this thread and it really brings back bad memories. My son (22 now) and I are as close as you and your son. We would spend every week end at the MX tracks. The one time I'm not there, he crashes...BAD. He was 17 and had a tib / fib femur fracture and had to be airlifted. several Rods, pins and plates later and he was put back together and on crutches.
Then he went down hill , Drs didnt notice he had developed compartment syndrome and he almost lost his leg.
1 month solid in the hospital, more surgeries than I can count and several more months of theropy and he is left with nerve damage and a live time of pain.
I tell you that to tell you this....
DONT be afraid to express your pain, fine a friend you and trust and unload. I didnt and my wife had to call my Dad down from Indiana to drag me away for a while. I tell ya, this Marine was going to take someone out for screwing up my boy.
This crap happened to you AND your family just as much as your son. You and your wife are fighting right along with him.
So talk to her, dont be afraid to cry with her and let this stuff out of your system before it poisons you with the same burn as the cancer.
Prayers your way, Pal
Hang in there

• Members

Dustin seems to be doing OK.

Me? Not so much, but I have more issues than a sick kid.

Just trying to balance everything. I am a pretty angry guy. Angry at my situation. Angry that I cant change it. Angry that Dustin is sick and I cant make him better. Angry that his brother and sister have to live through this. Angry at my work. Angry at my marriage. Angry at myself for letting it go for so long.

Dustin is now in week 2 of phase 2 of chemo. Oral chemo drugs daily. 4 times a week to the hospital for chemo injections. He has been having to have blood/platelet transfusions once or twice a week now so at least we know the chemo is killing something.

Dustin's guitar teacher told me to stay on him and that if his finders and hands hurt when he tries to play then put a slide on his finger and sit him down in front of some Derek Trucks CDs. Good advice I think.

I know I will find the support I need right now somewhere. Either that or I will just come completely unhinged. I don't like the looks of me loosing it. Too many people need me to NOT loose it.

I still check in here daily. Just don't feel like posting when all I have is negativity.

Later

• Members

stop by a goodwill or garage sale if you get the chance and pick up a few old computer monitors or TVs and {censored}, and take em somewhere to destroy

shoot em, burn em, club em with a bat, whatever feels good

even if it doesn't help much, it's still kinda fun showin' a TV who's boss, Elvis style

• Members

Kevman.. Your negative mood is a normal reaction.. You are under intense stress... btw,Your boss sounds like a pennypinching little snot.. "get over it" my ass...

Lets see how he would deal with your situation... anyway, I pray for yourself and your beloved son... for his body to heal quickly and your spirit to do the same.. I wish you both the best... bob

• Members

when I went through heavy chemo in july,it was hard to find the ambition to pick up the guitar,but i went to our weekly jam as soon as i could,about 2 wks after treatment stopped.i go every sunday,but practicing is still tough and i don't stand as much as i used to.i used to practice 1-2 hours a day before i got sick in march,and now it's like 1-2 hours per week.

• Members

I like JJ's idea. Or maybe one of those creepy blue punching bags shaped like a dude. You could even tape a picture of Ed Roman on there in case you need some extra motivation.

Don't feel like you need to keep everything bottled up Kevman. It's not good for you. Finding a way to release everything will help.

Hang in there man! :wave:

• Members

Kevman I have no idea how you feel.
All I can give is prayer and positive vibes to Dustball, you and your family.
There is a girl I work with whos' 10 year old son is fighting neuroblastoma.
He was diagnosed with it when he was 3.
I don't know how she handles it either.
All I can tell you is that she keeps her sense of humer no matter how hard or exhausted she is.
She also researches and has developed many friendships over the internet with people whos' children are afflicted with the same.
I talk to her a lot, she's a very good friend.
Her relationship with her husband gets strained, they just let it go.
Please don't hide your emotions.
Let yourself go when you need to.
God bless you, Dustball and your family.
Don't ever forget that you have family here.

The Bear

• Members

Whatever you do, don't let anyone here know where to find your boss! What a total asshole!

I will never forget what I went through waiting for my boy to get out of surgery. I was falling apart. At that moment I suddenly became aware of what I had to lose. But it was all over in three hours. You have been going through this on a daily basis for two months. My heart goes out to you, man.

And, yeah, somehow you gotta let go and scream or hit something.

• Members

Thanks Ancient Mariner.

I got some decent enough news today.

I called the hospital freaking out because I am sick and tired of not knowing how my son is really doing.

My wife won't ask questions and takes the doctors at their word for everything. Bull{censored}. I want to know everything they do. I want all of the test results and blood cell counts and x-rays and CT scans..everything. I want a {censored}ing file. Last night I was in a support group for parent of kids with cancer..The parents there and even the founder of the organization were all saying that if Dustin was in Phase 2 of chemo that must mean he is in remission.

I corrected them all.."No..if he were in remission they would have told us..even if they are only telling us what we need to know THAT is something we all need to know".

They all told me to ask today. I did.

The doctor told me that "technically" Dustin was in fact in stage 2 remission. Which means that the Lymphoma was reduced by about 50% at the end of the first phase of chemo. The Leukemia is better news still as far as I am concerned. 20%+ of his white blood cells in the marrow were cancerous at diagnosis. After the first round of chemo? 5%.

They have been telling us since the day they finally figured out what we were fighting that a bone marrow transplant was a foregone conclusion as part of his treatment.

Today Dr. told me that nobody would even perform one on him now.

We still have to meet with the transplant folks and they are still searching the banks. Dustin being Biphenotypic (2 kinds of blood cancer) they know that when the Lymphoma goes into complete remission that the relapse is allways the Leukemia which is scarier because of it's rapid movement into the organs.

Dr. explained it like" We need to get the umbrella and hope we dont need it..instead of waiting for rain and scrambling to try and find one then"

BUT they are encouraged! I can't {censored}ing believe I had to pry good news out of them. Unreal. Things still suck at work and home but at least I know the chemo my boy is suffering through is doing what it is supposed to do as of now.

Thanks everyone I sure some of the positive news I got today was due to the HCmojo bus cruising my way.

• Members

Originally posted by Kevman

Thanks Ancient Mariner.

I got some decent enough news today.

I called the hospital freaking out because I am sick and tired of not knowing how my son is really doing.

My wife won't ask questions and takes the doctors at their word for everything. Bull{censored}. I want to know everything they do. I want all of the test results and blood cell counts and x-rays and CT scans..everything. I want a {censored}ing file. Last night I was in a support group for parent of kids with cancer..The parents there and even the founder of the organization were all saying that if Dustin was in Phase 2 of chemo that must mean he is in remission.

I corrected them all.."No..if he were in remission they would have told us..even if they are only telling us what we need to know THAT is something we all need to know".

They all told me to ask today. I did.

The doctor told me that "technically" Dustin was in fact in stage 2 remission. Which means that the Lymphoma was reduced by about 50% at the end of the first phase of chemo. The Leukemia is better news still as far as I am concerned. 20%+ of his white blood cells in the marrow were cancerous at diagnosis. After the first round of chemo? 5%.

They have been telling us since the day they finally figured out what we were fighting that a bone marrow transplant was a foregone conclusion as part of his treatment.

Today Dr. told me that nobody would even perform one on him now.

We still have to meet with the transplant folks and they are still searching the banks. Dustin being Biphenotypic (2 kinds of blood cancer) they know that when the Lymphoma goes into complete remission that the relapse is allways the Leukemia which is scarier because of it's rapid movement into the organs.

Dr. explained it like" We need to get the umbrella and hope we dont need it..instead of waiting for rain and scrambling to try and find one then"

BUT they are encouraged! I can't {censored}ing believe I had to pry good news out of them. Unreal. Things still suck at work and home but at least I know the chemo my boy is suffering through is doing what it is supposed to do as of now.

Thanks everyone I sure some of the positive news I got today was due to the HCmojo bus cruising my way.

That's great to hear.

Stay on those doctors.

I can't believe that those assholes wouldn't tell you that something positive was happenng.

The Bear

Archived