Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks everybody.

Tomorrow is a big day. We take Dustin to the hospital early for his catscans and bloodwork. We then meet with his team of doctors to find out how he is responding to this chemotherapy.

Hopefully all is going as planned and we will get directives on what is to come next.

This weekend was pretty cool. On Saturday Dustin got enough strength to walk down our street (about 500') to a birthday party our friends were having for their baby. He ended up needing to lie down once he got there but, he got there.

Sunday a friend of ours who had won a pair of tickets to see Santana off a radio contest gave us the tix because she wanted Dustball to get the chance to see Carlos. Turned out those (2) tix became (4) 15 rows back from the stage so Dustin two of his best buds and I went to go see the show. :) Salvador Sanatana (yes,,son of Carlos) Plays keyboards and raps. Not easy for us to listen to. The the LOS LONLEY BOYS came out and kicked everyones ass. What a great band. Tight Tight Tight and Henry's riffs were tastey and fluid. 3 part vocal harmonies. I will be buying someLLB directly. Carlos came out and jammed a tune with them..Very hip stuff. Carlos still has his chops.

Santana came on and did alot of the newer stuff which I am not too in to. About halfway through the set Dustball ran out of gas and his head started punding. We had to boogie. I hear that they did a bunch of classic tunes and that Carlos called out Henry to jam a few. COOOL.

All in all though it was sweet. He can say he was there and got the tour jersey (he was and did!) He saw a living guitar legend rip it up.

Today he stepped on the scale. 171.5# up from 167.8 on Saturday.

I'll let you all know how things go at the hospital.

Thanks so much for every thought ,prayer, every bit of strenght and or mojo.

9-17-06010cropped.jpg

• Members

MAJOR mojo sent to you guys...but im really glad that Dustin is living it up

i was at the concert you were talking about...great stuff

and that idea with make a wish is a great one!

i know meeting derek trucks would liven up any condition.

so major mojo and hope things will get better soon!

:wave:

• Members

Ok a brief update.

Yesterday Dustbal had some bloodwork done..platelets were low again so he got another transfusion. His headaches really suck and I message knots out of his back every night. We were expecting some news on how he is doing..how well this evil chemo is doing it's job. Did not not get that, only a "roadmap" of how the next 4 yes 4 phases of chemo will be given.

Phase II was to start Thursday but during more bloodwork today it was decided that his platelet count was to low to try the spinal injection he needs. Since it's the chemo that is killing of his bloodcells they decided to wait until Monday to start the next phase so his body could make it's own platelets without more chemo nuking them. Phase II is going to be a motherf**ker. 4 days a week he will be in the hospital getting chemo..He will be taking another chemo drug orally every day as well as spinals every other week. It'll be 35 days worth. Don't even want to think about phase III.

Don't remember if I told you guys nobody in the imediate family is a marrow donor match.

Please find out how to sign up as a donor even if you can't help Dustball you could help someone.

Dustin got cool mail today. Thank you RudeMood(his name is also Dustin). This dude sent Dustball 2 CDs of the coolest Boise band around and a nice donation to the "SG fund". Dustin also wrote me a little note. Without a doubt the highpoint of my day. You rule RudeMood.

More info as I get it.

Peace out,

Kev

• Members

Any dad on this forum sends his love and support to you even if they DON'T know about your son. I lost both parents to cancer and a few others recently. There is ONE thing that I have learned that is 1,000,000% clear....

GET THE BEST CARE AND DOCTORS YOU POSSIBLY CAN NO MATTER WHERE YOU NEED TO GO TO DO IT AND ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS!

That is THE most important thing and no great pedal or axe can make a poor doctor play or sound good! And there ARE good, bad and GREAT doctors.

Do you homework, learn everything you can over the internet, from friends, support groups and ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS ALL THE TIME LIKE:

WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?

WHAT MAKES THAT WORTH WHILE?

IS THERE ANOTHER APPROACH?

WHAT WILL IT DO EXACTLY, HOW DOES IT WORK, ETC.

Doctors "CAN" be even more opinionated than people here about whether a Tele of a Strat is a REAL Fender and MANY think THEY know best.

Truth is, you need a LOT of opinions and they can vary widely for the EXACT SAME THING!!!

NO BLIND FAITH WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR SON!!!

I hope this helps, it is from sorrowful experience that it is offered and meant in THE MOST SUPPORTIVE WAY POSSIBLE!

Peace, strength and health to your boy, you and your family!

:love:

• Members

For all the love sent from the Fathers here on HCEG, I'd like to send some mojo from a fellow kid (well Im 18 but close enough).

First off let me begin with {censored} CANCER!

Now that that is off my chest let me tell you that a friend of mine was in the same position as Dustin and he had to go through that God awful treatment, but every step of the way he had his his family and friends by him all the way.

He's sitting next to me as we speak, playing my Strat, he doesn't know I'm typing this. He's perfectly healthy and we actually get to hang out again.

This kid can beat it, it can be done, it will be done.

He also doesn't know why I'm crying.

My Grandmother is currently going through chemo.

I hate it so much for both her and Dustball. I can't say I am the most religious kid on the block but I can tell you that no one is praying harder than me for my Grandmother, and now also for Dusty.

My friend just figured out what I'm talking about, he wants to tell you something ....

"All the medicines and procedures I had to go through were supposed to help me heal, and it worked, but the thing that healed me the most was MY father who stuck by my side just like how you are. Oh and good luck with the SG!"

Yeah, he has a way with words.

• Members

Continued thanks to all.

Dustin is fighting his ass off. I know he feels like {censored} all the time but he is still good for giving me a smile or two a day. I am a complete and total wreck and it is taking it's toll on me to have to pull my {censored} together whenever I am around him. I have become a bitter assed and generally surley mother f-er.

Don't know what to do.

Hate my job. My boss told me on Monday that I needed to get past it..to move on..that I need to show my son what a man does...yeah...{censored}er, my resume will show you what a man does when it frees me of your ass..

Sorry.

I dont talk to my wife. My parents. Anyone. It's been a pisser of a week.

I'll get back on tomorrow and hopefully I wont be so foul.

Still got nothin' but love for ya'll.

Peaceout.

• Members

Originally posted by Kevman

Continued thanks to all.

Dustin is fighting his ass off. I know he feels like {censored} all the time but he is still good for giving me a smile or two a day. I am a complete and total wreck and it is taking it's toll on me to have to pull my {censored} together whenever I am around him. I have become a bitter assed and generally surley mother f-er.

Don't know what to do.

Hate my job. My boss told me on Monday that I needed to get past it..to move on..that I need to show my son what a man does...yeah...{censored}er, my resume will show you what a man does when it frees me of your ass..

Sorry.

I dont talk to my wife. My parents. Anyone. It's been a pisser of a week.

I'll get back on tomorrow and hopefully I wont be so foul.

Still got nothin' but love for ya'll.

Peaceout.

I hate to hear you had a bad week.

It's a good thing there is a good place here for you to vent so you don't have to vent on the wrong people.

Oh, and please keep venting, it's great to get all that pent up emotion out.

Yay catharsis!

Archived