Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Members

Honest Thieves (and many of y'all) are awesome!

Here's my band way up in New York. :cry:

I'm the pudgy guitar player hiding in the back. Of course the take before had a much smoother solo...just my luck.

...one live song: (again, tanked the damn whammy solo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=dGGy_HOAOy0&feature=player_embedded

Wish we played more than once a year. I'd pick up my guitar more, and we'd impress a few folks.

http://www.undergroundvideotelevision.com/play-video/Wagner-DeathOnToast

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks so much man! We just started playing together about 6 months ago and have really been picking up momentum in the New England area. It's been great, and these 2 guys I play with are SUPER talented!

i listened to your ep on soundcloud... good stuff....you should shoot me a pm when you get an album done... i'll probably buy it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I would actually like to post one of my clips, there's a few oddities I like to play that I'd like to share. But I've just built up such a technology aversion over the years that the thought alone fatigues me.

I miss the simpler days.

hart2.gif

• Members

total guitar basement-hacker, not like any of the above... but yeah, this is me... and I take my playing VERY seriously

Same here minus the seriously part. I'm listening to the stuff I have saved on the comp - recorded via Vox amplug and dj mixer into the line in and it's pretty sloppy. Still, I'll probably post something when I get through with listeningc.

• Members

Here's another track I did:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11783294

It was done on the fly last week with this:

My 2006 Rickenbacker 360

Mabel-July192012.jpg

A lot people like the jangly sounds Rics can do, but fail to realize that they can crunch and grind with the best of them. THence, the reason for the track. The amp used, was my trusty early 90s, Peavey Solo Series Bandit 112.

• Members

Yeah, once, about 4-5 years ago. It was a small Van Halen forum and a bunch of the guys decided to do an online jam over the solo section for Michael Jackson's "Beat It". I don't know if it still exists or not. I lost my copy about 2 computers ago. I think there was 8-10 of us.

• Members

i've probably overextended my welcome here, but i felt like sharing another clip. this one i called "itsy bitsy" and it was recorded entirely with my '59 Jazzmaster. i think it came out pretty good. this is a good example of me hitting play and then seeing what happens with no prior clue of what to lay down. i do this a lot. hopefully you can dig it.

Loved it dude! Tone was phenom, felt like you were just exploring the guitar and it led someplace beautiful.

• Members

And some clips:

Eric Johnson's "Song for George"

Michael Hedges' "Lay over"

Steve Howes' "mood for a day"

R.R.#1 ( I play the solo with a pick)

Minor swing (collab with GreatDane who plays the main solo)

A bunch of other stuff in the links in my sig. Check out the "request thread", make a request and PM me to let me know you made a request. If I already know that piece or song (chances are i do), I'll record it for you.

:thu:

• Members

Thanks for posting! And you're far from a hack. I enjoyed the REM. The u2bs were freezing up but I will check out your other vids later. I saw a little of "Begin the begin".....you got a tough crowd! J/K I'm sure it was friendly, the bird that was flipped!

:thu:

Archived