Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't checked in, in couple days and I find this awesome thread that has taken off like wildfire...Good Job Benzem!

Here's a couple; one I did for a recent sticky jam...thanks for the thread, Man.

[video=youtube;-UehD9ONbSc]

• Members

i've probably overextended my welcome here, but i felt like sharing another clip. this one i called "itsy bitsy" and it was recorded entirely with my '59 Jazzmaster. i think it came out pretty good. this is a good example of me hitting play and then seeing what happens with no prior clue of what to lay down. i do this a lot. hopefully you can dig it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10753635

• Members

Post one now! No one worth a @#!*% will make a neg. comment.

I promise to police and plow any trolls. (I'll try...but they are pretty dodgy, I admit)

Humor me. I have been here 4 and a half years! Don't I deserve a little respect? I'm curious! And very patient.

You know who you are. C'mon dudes:poke:

Are you crazy? I wouldn't even do it if I knew how. Well, I might.

• Members

We are lucky.

We get to do a lot of shows like this...

Yeah, that is a huge biker rodeo we do every year. Last year we had about 30,00 people there that weekend. Everybody is pretty much drunk, and those girls were, uh, oh boy how do I say this? Those girls were flat out whores, God bless em!

Another cool thing about that show is we headline the last night, in the last spot if the event so we pretty much play as long as we want. Normally we would do a show and be on our way but that place is so wild we never wanna leave.

Last year we played non stop, no break, from 10:00 pm. Till 7:00 am the next morning, pretty much just taking requests from the crowd for hours on end. Of course we would take pee breaks, but there were always at least 3/4 of the band on stage playing non stop. That particular night, we went on to do three more three hour gigs at different locations the next day. It was the single most playing I ever did in one weekend.

We played 16 out of 24 hours!

• Members

Some of my vids that I like:

[video=youtube;_6LHlJK-RS0]

And some clips:

Eric Johnson's "Song for George"

Michael Hedges' "Lay over"

Steve Howes' "mood for a day"

R.R.#1 ( I play the solo with a pick)

Minor swing (collab with GreatDane who plays the main solo)

A bunch of other stuff in the links in my sig. Check out the "request thread", make a request and PM me to let me know you made a request. If I already know that piece or song (chances are i do), I'll record it for you.

• Members
Yeah, that is a huge biker rodeo we do every year. Last year we had about 30,00 people there that weekend. Everybody is pretty much drunk, and those girls were, uh, oh boy how do I say this? Those girls were flat out whores, God bless em!

Another cool thing about that show is we headline the last night, in the last spot if the event so we pretty much play as long as we want. Normally we would do a show and be on our way but that place is so wild we never wanna leave.

Last year we played non stop, no break, from 10:00 pm. Till 7:00 am the next morning, pretty much just taking requests from the crowd for hours on end. Of course we would take pee breaks, but there were always at least 3/4 of the band on stage playing non stop. That particular night, we went on to do three more three hour gigs at different locations the next day. It was the single most playing I ever did in one weekend.

We played 16 out of 24 hours!

Wow, what a ride! Were the girls nice to you? (ok, you don't need to tell us... :) )

• Members

I hate when people qualify their efforts like that. That was sublime and ya gotta love that little heckler in the background.:poke:

Thank you. That's nice of you to say, and I'm glad you like it, it's the best I've got, but I'm under no illusions. I can carry a tune, but I don't write anything interesting and my guitar playing will never be at the level that I see each weekend at local clubs and here on contributors' Youtubes. There's just a ton of very talented people out there, as this thread illustrates.

Great thread.

• Members

And some clips:

A bunch of other stuff in the links in my sig. Check out the "request thread", make a request and PM me to let me know you made a request. If I already know that piece or song (chances are i do), I'll record it for you.

Wow!! Great playing, really, really, nice, I very much enjoyed that. Wish I could play like that.

Wein! i love your playing. i wish you lived around the corner. we'd be playing all the time (that is, as long as you tolerated my hack skills). thank you for sharing and contributing!

:D Thanks!

I'm digging your "itsy bitsy" track as I type...I need to check out more of your stuff....

• Members

i dig it... really cool stuff

it's nice to hear some clips from people i haven't heard before

Thanks so much man! We just started playing together about 6 months ago and have really been picking up momentum in the New England area. It's been great, and these 2 guys I play with are SUPER talented!

Archived