Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Very nice, I'm no country guy at all but you guys sound great (by great I mean like a professional band that plays to a bunch of people all the time
:D
). That's a pretty sweet venue and turnout too
:eek:

Thanks, dude.

Yeah, we do a lot of gigs. Has to be close to 700 or so shows in the past three years. Aside from that, me, the guitar player/singer, and drummer have been doing it non stop for decades. That's uh-LOT of gigs.

This is a regular local gig for us. Yeah, the place packs out, we always play there on Thursday nights, ladies night, and out of six or seven hundred or so people that will be there, seventy percent of them are hot little filled up country mamas. It might be the single most concentrated regular group of pretty people I've ever seen.

Definitely a fun gig.

There are a bunch more vids on you tune under Honkytonk Hitmen if you are interested.

• Members

One of our house gigs.

We get 700 people in here on thursday nights, with usually never less than a couple hundred on the dance floor at a time.

Anyone in the Tampa bay area, come out, and hang with us.

The bar is called The Watering Trough and it is a huge, big clean, badass place to have a country music bash in.

good stuff- really looks like a bunch of guys that have at it a while (in a good way). is that a Big and Rich cover? i was playing with a couple guys and a girl and we did a hard-rock rendition of that song as part of our set. it always went over really well.

• Members
Grabbed my Pacifica and did my usual noodling on your BT this morning. My apologies for not doing your track justice but i just jammed to it quickly to post in this thread. You should definitely offer it to the forum at large or the sticky jam to jam with. Great job as always.
:thu:

Aimless noodling on GD's backing track

hey, J! that was really good! i thought you really hit a stride around 1:21 and kept it going right to the end. thank you for contributing!

• Members

How did you make your D35 sound like a Selmer? Nice one, Richard!

no idea~ just got lucky i guess. i played around a lot with mics and mic placement. i ended up using a Rhode NT1 vocal mic and positioning it about four feet away angled towards the neck from below so it emphasized the treble more than the bass. the D35 can get really boomy, so i was avoiding that somewhat, but also trying to go for the tinny, plinky tone that's so awesome about those older jazz and gypsy records. Richard did a great job on the backing track and the mando solo. i had fun hacking through all the lead acoustic parts.

• Members
How did you make your D35 sound like a Selmer? Nice one, Richard!

Thanks Flogger! Much appreciated. BTW, i did download your clip and saved it to my computer and then it wouldn't open. :( Would have had to download a program to open it which i'm not too keen to do as I try to limit programs on my computer. Is there a way you could convert it to MP3 format? It would make it easier for all to check out your stuff. I'd really like to hear your music (I'll hear it when we jam together and have a Molson on my next visit to Montreal but that might be in a little while...).

• Members
Thanks Flogger! Much appreciated. BTW, i did download your clip and saved it to my computer and then it wouldn't open.
:(
Would have had to download a program to open it which i'm not too keen to do as I try to limit programs on my computer. Is there a way you could convert it to MP3 format? It would make it easier for all to check out your stuff. I'd really like to hear your music (I'll hear it when we jam together and have a Molson on my next visit to Montreal but that might be in a little while...).

you had better inform me the next time you travel to montreal. i will make the drive to see you, if your schedule allows. :)

• Members
hey, J! that was really good! i thought you really hit a stride around 1:21 and kept it going right to the end. thank you for contributing!

Thanks! I should really work on this one for something a little more well thought and give it the track it deserves but I must prepare for a big solo gig on july 29th and then our next collab with Riffy! :thu:

• Members
you had better inform me the next time you travel to montreal. i will make the drive to see you, if your schedule allows.
:)

:eek: That would be GREAT! How far are you from Montreal? I'd be vacationning with family but I could be given a half day so to speak (afternoon and evening). Next summer probably unless finances go bad in the meantime.

• Members

:eek:
That would be GREAT! How far are you from Montreal? I'd be vacationning with family but I could be given a half day so to speak (afternoon and evening). Next summer probably unless finances go bad in the meantime.

it would be a vacation for us as well- not close, but close enough to make it happen. given some advance notice, we'll be there. you can meet the family and we can carve out some time to play and partake. PM me if you have any details (however aspirational they might be at this early point). even if you know the month you are shooting for, that would help.

• Members

it would be a vacation for us as well- not close, but close enough to make it happen. given some advance notice, we'll be there. you can meet the family and we can carve out some time to play and partake. PM me if you have any details (however aspirational they might be at this early point). even if you know the month you are shooting for, that would help.

I can offer my facilities (studio *yeah, right*, guitars, bass and drums if needed). The file I uploaded does play in iTunes, and should work in wmp too.

• Members

Thanks for the nice comments folks.

Mark Wein: damn man, you can play, and sing - something I attempt... play better, lol. Love the J5 tune - I covered that once playing bass, great tune.

Like DaveA's stuff as well! Used to cover that tune when I was in a bar band, always packed the floor, always.

Listened to most of the stuff posted here. Glad to see y'all posting clips, it's pretty much why I come to the forum, to hear people play.

Dude, love how you can take a long solo like that, keep it fresh and interesting and not run out of ideas, very nice.

thanks guys!

I'm starting to get back into "player" mode since i've been teaching for so long and I was going through some of these old videos yesterday...I'm glad you're digging them. I'll give you guys a listen in a little bit. :)

Archived