Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Members

I've only got this. Off my band's demo if anyone's interested. Southern style metal. the lead around 3:25 is me, I think all the other ones are the other guitarist.

oh yes if you click the youtube link in my sig there's a couple of the songs where I actually play guitar. The one that comes up right away is actually the most recent example of my playing

Nice man, your singer's good too. That solo was sick.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny, I was just watching videos of this earlier today. Nicely done, plus all you have to do is talk for this one. Awesome job! Nice fills.

And the chick dancing was the lols.

Thanks. The chick is doing her best hoedown/riverdance combination. She's our lead singer and actually has an amazing voice. Just so happens this is one of the two or three songs I sing lead on. She sings about 75% of the songs, I sing two or three, and the other guitar player sings the other 20% or so.

• Members

Funny, I was just watching videos of this earlier today. Nicely done, plus all you have to do is talk for this one. Awesome job! Nice fills.

And the chick dancing was the lols.

Thanks. The chick is doing her best hoedown/riverdance combination. She's our lead singer and actually has an amazing voice. Just so happens this is one of the two or three songs I sing lead on. She sings about 75% of the songs, I sing two or three, and the other guitar player sings the other 20% or so.

• Members
)

7. The track was recorded on the fly as an improvisation (complete with a few clunkers). This was due to time constraints, and also due to the fact that Soundclick, isn't wild about people posting covers, and as a result, makes it a hassle to do so.

Sounds killer! So that's just the bandits' distortion?

Great tones! :thu::thu:

• Members

Your band is super tight man. Where in canada are you guys from? have you toured ?

(GTA) Toronto and nope but possibly later in the summer (though not for sure). Thanks! I was a bit off at the beginning from nerves haha, plus you could barely hear the other guitar player at all the whole time but it's all in good fun. You guys tour? You actually have decent recordings :D

• Members

Sounds killer! So that's just the bandits' distortion?

Great tones!
:thu:
:thu:

Thanks! :) Yes, it was just the distortion from my early 90s, tealstripe Bandit. If you are willing to tweak them, the transtube Peaveys, get some pretty good dirty sounds.

• Members

Back when I posted and was ignored, aggressively. But I agree, it does hurt a little.

I love metal, well played. Tone and such are opinions like assholes! Like to hear some of yours!

OK. If you've got descent headphones or external speakers with good bass response, use them.

This little piece was initially a test to see how well my G2 interfaced directly with the PC, but I think I could develop it into something better/more polished.

http://soundcloud.com/user3028022

• Members

OK. If you've got descent headphones or external speakers with good bass response, use them.

This little piece was initially a test to see how well my G2 interfaced directly with the PC, but I think I could develop it into something better/more polished.

Nice idea! I can hear a aggressive vocal over that! Very intense!

• Members

this was a Siousxie and the Banshees tribute band (we played one show) I put together about 12 years ago, playing is piss poor and my SG is out of tune and singer had the flu....but I dont even care anymore. we had fun and the crowd (70% hot girls) loved us!

Im much better now, but dont have anything to record with....

yes, I edited the slideshow, Im more proud of that than anything lol

th_siouxsie1.jpg

and a pic from the show

94938930.jpg

• Members

I've posted clips from time to time, but nothing recently. I'm unable to make new recordings at the moment so this one's from last summer.

http://soundcloud.com/collapsiblekingdoms/breathe-machine

It's a bit different than anything else I've come up with and certainly not the best example of my electric guitar playing, but I still like it. There's two guitar tracks: acoustic guitar on rhythm and Tele on "lead" -- which is just a very minimal guitar part deliberately buried in the mix and panned all the way to one channel.

• Members

Back when I posted and was ignored, aggressively. But I agree, it does hurt a little.

I love metal, well played. Tone and such are opinions like assholes! Like to hear some of yours!

I think one of the reasons a lot of vids and clips don't get more responses is that this forum has a ton of monster players in it so every time someone posts something they think is good, like my devil went down to georgia vid, which I think is about as good as it's gonna get from me, for many people listening to it, it's just meh...... and that's because of the legitimate monster players on here who post stuff that's out of this world. Kinda hard to be overly complimentary for something like that when it's probably in the bottom 25% of what some guys are capable of playing around here. When I post mine, I just post them for fun. If I get a few positive replies, great...if I get a few "you need to invest all your gig money into more lesson...." well....wouldn't be the first time I've heard it....I hear it from the crowds we play to sometimes!!! lol Anyway, it's all in good fun. Sometimes I post a clip and people like it and I get a few good replies. Sometimes I post something and it sinks to the bottom of page 7,851,252 without any replies... no big deal.

• Members

Nice idea! I can hear a aggressive vocal over that! Very intense!

Thanks. My note selection's a little random, but after listening to it numerous times I think that approach gives it an unsettling, disturbing vibe that I like. Now all I have to do is reproduce what I originally did, but better and extended, with a little more focus and repetition on the key elements, but still keeping that slightly random approach - order with chaos. There's going to be so many riff variations to come up with and remember. My poor brain :facepalm:

Although you can envision vocals, I don't plan for any - I'm just going for something purely instrumental.

And I must get a better interface before I lay anything down, too. And use better distortion perhaps. I was just using the G2's amp modeling which is OK but it's not the best - gotta connect up my analogue drive pedals.

• Members

I've only got this. Off my band's demo if anyone's interested. Southern style metal. the lead around 3:25 is me, I think all the other ones are the other guitarist.

oh yes if you click the youtube link in my sig there's a couple of the songs where I actually play guitar. The one that comes up right away is actually the most recent example of my playing

Oh yes, :rawk:

I liked your Oil Ocean Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 remix too. If I remember correctly, that was a frustrating part of the game for me (very slippery), but I conquered!

Archived