Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I commented on this vid before, but it bears repeating, I like what you did with that one. Not that I prefer it to the original (classic) or anything, but I do like that Boogie feel you brought to it. Kinda the way I imagine ZZTop would cover it.

• Members

One of our house gigs.

We get 700 people in here on thursday nights, with usually never less than a couple hundred on the dance floor at a time.

Anyone in the Tampa bay area, come out, and hang with us.

The bar is called The Watering Trough and it is a huge, big clean, badass place to have a country music bash in.

• Members
I think I commented on this vid before, but it bears repeating, I like what you did with that one. Not that I prefer it to the original (classic) or anything, but I do like that Boogie feel you brought to it. Kinda the way I imagine ZZTop would cover it.

yeah, thanks! I'm very fond of the original too. I just wanted to try and find a way to cover it so that it fit the band better.

• Members

yeah, thanks! I'm very fond of the original too. I just wanted to try and find a way to cover it so that it fit the band better.

Well played sir (and sung). Definitely masculinized it.

I've posted quite a few clips. This is a trio I play in...

Sweet compin skillz there Wag. That was real funky.

• Members

When i started posting clips here years ago, it was all acoustic stuff. It must have been tolerable because no one kicked me out of the place. Then I timidly started posting electric stuff in the sticky jams (the level of my playing instantly dropped by 80%) and got tons of encouragement and made friends in that coolest of gangs. I'm not too shy of posting clips. I never claimed to be a good electric player and some people here have the right frame of mind (all in the sticky jams and notably, nukey) and that helped me find the humility to just share wherever I'm at and enjoy the ride with others here.

• Members
here's a song i was working on one night that i keep meaning to go back to for vocals and/or other parts. i'm also toying with the idea of offering this up as a backing track for one of the monthly "sticky jam" threads. all guitars recorded with my Trussart -
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11078837

Grabbed my Pacifica and did my usual noodling on your BT this morning. My apologies for not doing your track justice but i just jammed to it quickly to post in this thread. You should definitely offer it to the forum at large or the sticky jam to jam with. Great job as always. :thu:

Aimless noodling on GD's backing track

• Members

here's a song i was working on one night that i keep meaning to go back to for vocals and/or other parts. i'm also toying with the idea of offering this up as a backing track for one of the monthly "sticky jam" threads. all guitars recorded with my Trussart -

Kick ass. I really love the overall vibe of this track.

• Members

Hoping to see a vid, but just the same I'd be real proud of that effort. Wish I had some recording skills.

Well, I still don't really know what I'm doing and can get decent results so it really doesn't take much in the way of recording skills.

And as for the "video" It would have been very hard to get a video while doing the tracks and would have taken a hell of a lot longer. I wrap it in a video strictly to make it easier for people here to listen to it. Normally I stick the audio file up on drop box, sound cloud, or my own web site but there's no audio plugin on this forum and a lot of people either don't like navigating to an external link or can't access those sites from the company firewall.

• Members

One of our house gigs.

We get 700 people in here on thursday nights, with usually never less than a couple hundred on the dance floor at a time.

Anyone in the Tampa bay area, come out, and hang with us.

The bar is called The Watering Trough and it is a huge, big clean, badass place to have a country music bash in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630Rl4-A52E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Very nice, I'm no country guy at all but you guys sound great (by great I mean like a professional band that plays to a bunch of people all the time :D). That's a pretty sweet venue and turnout too :eek:

Archived