The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Members

We deal on Yahoo Japan, don`t think they have E-Bay here...most sellers won`t ship abroad...or a guitar [ rim shot ]...I won`t only because of the banking...I know I know, Pay Pal but I have read some negative stories about them over the past couple of years so I am not registered. There are agencies that will post bids for people outside Japan, for a fee of course, but never used them, no need...so can`t comment on how good or bad they are.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ooops sorry...easy to find deals? Used to be but the entire planet knows about that now so great deals are fewer and farther between...not impossible mind you... but LOTS of players looking from overseas these days. I`m not in Tokyo so not as many folks up here looking but on the other hand because it`s not a big city, not as many guitars as in the big cities but I can`t complain, I`ve been very fortunate over the years.

• Members

Here is my newest addition.

My 5th Pacifica, a 612V.

The maple top is awesome, the trem is very nice, Duncan JB, Grover locking tuners, and a pretty thick neck shape.

It's getting a JB jr. in the neck soon.

2012-07-12_20-25-20_13.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr.rs

View Post

Here is my newest addition.

My 5th Pacifica, a 612V.

The maple top is awesome, the trem is very nice, Duncan JB, Grover locking tuners, and a pretty thick neck shape.

It's getting a JB jr. in the neck soon.

2012-07-12_20-25-20_13.jpg

Awesome. thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

NGD !!

I bought this cool twanger a while ago on ebay.uk , and had it stored until i picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Since then , I have cleaned and adjusted it, and added Roto Nexus 009 strings ...... SWEET !!

It's only restored gently, polishing, cleaning and oiling the fretboard, and cleaning/polishing the body,

The scratches and dings are left as is, since they just reflect the life of the guitar.

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy my Yamaha FZ-1000.

PICT1632.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

PICT1633.jpg

The last 3 pictures are form sellers ebay pictures.

KGrHqFHJC8E8f2-PStBPIbUk0Zg60_3.jpg

KGrHqFHJCME8fPUEqEBPIbVOls8w60_3.jpg

KGrHqVHJCsE8gOq9qeeBPIbU6coB60_3.jpg

It has become a really cool and well playng twanger with very low action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard070661

View Post

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy my Yamaha FZ-1000.

The Yamaha FZ-1000 is definitely a rare one!

Also, the Yamaha FZ-1000 existed in another form as well (wondering if the musical instrument marketing people cleared the name usage with anyone?). wink.gif

Yamaha%20FZ750%2087%20%201.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by RockNote

View Post

As my question specifically concerns the SA2200, you guys may be interested in this thread I've just started:

TOM bridges - to wrap around the tailpiece or not?

This link os GREAT !! . the idea of wrapping the strings makes less stringbend over the bridge.

I'll try it out next time I have a guitar suitable for this in need of new strings.

VERY COOL !! , Thanks !!

Archived